Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steyr LP-50

EricW

This 10M Air Pistol thing has me intrigued. Anyone have some trigger time behind an LP-50? Is there a sacrifice in accuracy due to the magazine? I'm toying between a Pardini K2S and the LP-50. The LP-50 is spendy, but I keep looking at all the flexibility with the trigger modules and the 1911 grip frame and thinking "hmmm...."

Yes. I have trigger time. A few thousand rounds so far.

The sacrifice with the LP-50 is that you are good for maybe 80-100 shots per cylinder while the LP-10 will get a few more shots per....

And I understand that although the trigger is great, the trigger on the LP-10 is just a tad better - it doesn't have to deal with the movement of the bar for the next shot. I have not shot the Pardini although I doubt that is anything other than a superb gun and well worth considering.

Accuracy? The LP-50 shoots a .177 group. One time we put one in a vice to see how it shot.

It put all pellets through the same hole and it really was the same .177 size hole. These guns, any of the high end air pistols or rifles are a totally different level of accuracy then what we are familiar with. The guns do the job.

If every shot isn't in the middle of the X-ring, it's the fault of the shooter.

I have problems hitting the X..... sigh.

How much of a convenience is the 5 shot magazine? Does the hassle of loading it outweigh the advantages, or is it a good deal all around? I'm not so interested in shooting Olympic rapid fire as having a training pistol that gives me perfect feedback and is convenient to shoot. The 1911 grip looks like a good way to get in quality weakhand practice. Have you been able to play with that?

Thanks!

How much of a convenience is the 5 shot magazine? Does the hassle of loading it outweigh the advantages, or is it a good deal all around? I'm not so interested in shooting Olympic rapid fire as having a training pistol that gives me perfect feedback and is convenient to shoot. The 1911 grip looks like a good way to get in quality weakhand practice. Have you been able to play with that?

Thanks!

I think the 5 shot magazine is wonderful. Get 2 or better yet 3.

I do not have experience with a single-shot.

"A training pistol that gives me perfect feedback and is convenient to shoot", about covers it. If you went with a single-shot I don't think you would go wrong that way either.

I have the international grip. I do like it. Downside is that it you don't practice weakhand unless you have a second grip. I don't have a weakhand grip. Still, I like the international style grip and if I was buying again would get another.

www.targettalk.org, as mentioned by mpolans, is the best place around that talks about the international air pistol and such.

Edited by Viggen

Eric,

If you are at the Cup, get hold of a New Zealander by the name of Enrico Hoover, he has just set one up for NRA AP Practice (lots of weakhand). He modified his to 6 shot and it is awesome. We can shoot Plates and Practical (scaled down) in his yard. He is working on a 1/2 size mover when he gets home.