Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stage win at NY Rifle match

maineshootah

What I like... getting my first "stage win" at a rifle / 3 gun match out of my home state!

YES! :goof:

What I don't like... Having to shoot the stage with a fellow squad mates gun, after mine blew apart, sending parts out the mag well during the long range stage. :angry2:

post-6125-1210348825.jpg

post-6125-1210348874.jpg

What I like... getting my first "stage win" at a rifle / 3 gun match out of my home state!

What I don't like... Having to shoot the stage with a fellow squad mates gun, after mine blew apart, sending parts out the mag well during the long range stage. :angry2:

Congrats on the stage win.

What do you think caused the failure? Over pressure round, metal fatigue?

Congrats on the stage win.

What do you think caused the failure? Over pressure round, metal fatigue?

Well, the case exploded on the back corner of the case, where the extractor was "holding" it. The bullet never left the case.

There is some discussion as to whether the AR fired out of battery (almost in battery) or just the case blew due to fatigue.

Just another excuse to spend more $. <_<

Will I see you on Sunday at Harvard?

Its weird that the bullet never left the case, was there an obstruction in the barrel?

I'll be at Harvard on Sunday. They always come up with some great stages

Edited by Supermoto

Good shooting Jay! It was a fun match. Now we have to get Supermoto to play with long guns more :D

Yeah, it was a great match!

I am looking forward to next year.

I agree.. we need to get Supermoto to start playing with us more.

:cheers:

Good shooting Jay! It was a fun match. Now we have to get Supermoto to play with long guns more :D

Yeah, it was a great match!

I am looking forward to next year.

I agree.. we need to get Supermoto to start playing with us more.

I keep on forgetting to send in my ATF forms so that I can travel out of state with my rifle, I'll try to get it done this coming week.

Let me know when the next rifle match is and I'll try to make it, I had a great time at the Harvard rifle match.

Its weird that the bullet never left the case, was there an obstruction in the barrel?

If case blew apart at rear, then there was not enough pressure to expel the bullet. It happens very fast! Congratulations on stage win though.

If case blew apart at rear, then there was not enough pressure to expel the bullet. It happens very fast! Congratulations on stage win though.

Fast is an understatement... There was no "BANG" or "BOOM" just a very loud "PSSSSSSSSSSST' with purple smoke exiting up into my face.

Fast is an understatement... There was no "BANG" or "BOOM" just a very loud "PSSSSSSSSSSST' with purple smoke exiting up into my face.

YUP kinda sounds like gun powder burning Pretty scary I bet!

I keep on forgetting to send in my ATF forms so that I can travel out of state with my rifle, I'll try to get it done this coming week.

Let me know when the next rifle match is and I'll try to make it, I had a great time at the Harvard rifle match.

Mike, you have a long barrel on the gun now, it's not a Short Barrel anymore. Why do you need to notify the ATF?

Dan, Even with a 18" barrel, the lower is still a registered SBR, so I still have to follow the ATF requirements no matter what the barrel length is.

Jay... Nice shooting at Harvard yesterday. :cheers:

I was thinking that. It's time to get another lower!

I was thinking that. It's time to get another lower!

Gotta get the Wife an Open gun first. :D She is going to try a P9 this week.

Nice shooting right back to ya!

A wife who also shoots open.... ahh.. every man's dream!

I can't wait to see the new shooting team in action.

Nice shooting right back to ya!

You must not have seen the results yet. <_<

But here is a Video of some of the stage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5o-3hPIAH8

other than stage 3, I shot more mikes than charlies, oh well, still had fun

A wife who also shoots open.... ahh.. every man's dream!

I can't wait to see the new shooting team in action.

She seems to be getting into it and is already posting videos here for tips

Gotta get the Wife an Open gun first. :D She is going to try a P9 this week.

The lower is cheap. A P9 should fit her hand extremely well. They were the best feeling gun I shot. (Yes, I shot Open long ago.....before there was a separte division)

Could a Dillon be in the future as well? :P

Could a Dillon be in the future as well? :P

Never.... :ph34r:

I tried 9x21's 1050, its to easy, were is the challenge. I like to have to take my press apart every hundred rounds to readjust it, it keeps things interesting. Plus when I hit my press in anger, the soft metal and plastic parts are easy on my hand.... you won't get that with a dillon