Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A question for the hoosiers in the house: Anyone know if one can stop off at Star Ammunition and buy bullets over the counter? Since I'm spending a night in Indianapolis on the way to the FG Nats, I thought it would be convenient to weigh the back of the truck down with some lead.....

Give them a call first to see if they have what you want and if they will sell it to you. I've bought a lot of bullets from them (200,000+) over the years and always picked them up at their plant. They have, however, had an on and off policy about selling retail. They sometimes say they will only sell retail to "established customers" or those they have sold to before, and other times it's not a problem. They like big orders and there is no store just their plant. If you can stop in they sometimes will let you walk through the plant and see the machinery - neat.

Like I said, give them a call.

If you don't have a business license, they will sell you "seconds" depending on what they have in stock at the time.

They tend to not sell to individuals because it undercuts their dealers (who now have an agreement with them).

No, they don't sell retail, and I'm not sure even about the seconds. Rhino is correct, they stopped doing the retail thing to protect their clients, Weidner's comes to mind there.