Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accuracy

olp73

What kind of accuracy is to be expected from a match grade Tanfoglio (like gold-, limited custom, stock II etc.) out of the box? Someone I know asked Tanfoglio this question and they said that 75 mm/2,9’’ at 25 meters/yards was there guaranty. I don’t think this is very impressive, but maybe they generally do better than this.

Anyone done some accuracy testing?

What kind of accuracy is to be expected from a match grade Tanfoglio (like gold-, limited custom, stock II etc.) out of the box? Someone I know asked Tanfoglio this question and they said that 75 mm/2,9’’ at 25 meters/yards was there guaranty. I don’t think this is very impressive, but maybe they generally do better than this.

Anyone done some accuracy testing?

standing unsupported I think under 3 is just fine...

Both my Elite Match , a 9mm and a .40S&W will shoot under 2" at 40 feet , standing rapid fire with about any weight bullets/reloads that I have tried. I posted a range report on them a few weeks ago with pics.

With just about any load mine will shoot 2.5" @ 25yds from a rest.

With the correct hand load, both my Match and Limited gun will put 5 rds into 1"@ 25yds, IF I do my part.

I've had several custom built Bullseye guns that would have a hard time matching that.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Witness Match in 38 Super and finally have it working the way I want it to accuracy wise. With 4.8 W231, 125 Zero JHP .356 dia. loaded to 1.235 oal it will consistently do 2.0" firing prone from a mat. Average velocity from 10ft. for ten rounds is 1029 fps which gives a power factor of 128.6. Just right for Bianchi shooting. The sights are the newer "dinky" ones but work ok if blackened well with a carbide smoker. Using Starline Supercomp brass.

I do have the problem with rounds jumping as shown in the picture. It is not a big problem shooting Action Pistol since I can load 17 rounds and it takes 12 per stage. The rounds only start to jump about # 15 or 16 so it does not cause a problem. These are Henning mags with the black base pads. I plan to have the problem corrected after the Cup.

I have been shooting 1911 pattern guns for quite a while and could do pretty good but the change requiring the grip safety be functional has caused me to crash and burn too many times. Can't break the habit of riding the thumb safety with the thumb and wind up pushing up on the beaver tail. I decided to try the Witness (no grip safety) and wish I had done that a

long time ago. This pistol is steady and has less muzzle flip at these velocities than any 1911 I own. The sights fall right back into place. I have another Match 38 Super coming and will have it made into a Bianchi open gun.