Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magwell

olp73

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

btw. the new magwell is in the "worx". That means I've sent a "Match" model and a "Limited" model off to a company who will model it in SolidWorks. Here's my goal and YOU can give input as well:

- width max 45mm to fit the IPSC box. I want to create a magwell that's legal for IPSC Standard division, but also big enough to satisfy the greediest open shooter. 45mm should accomplish that as long as the overall design is done right.

- big ass, just like "Fastgun Frank" posted. This is where it all started for inspiration and what we're trying to accomplish in a production high quality magwell.

- probably make it a two-piece so it can be assembled from the sides. This means bigger and nicer fit to match the already existing "contour grips".

- a delrin insert that can be replaced which means the color option magwell "enclosure" doesn't need to be scratched up.

- onesize fits all. I'm trying to make one enclosure that'll work for match, stock, limited and gold team. large and small frame. The only thing that'll make the difference is the size of the delrin piece. by doing it this way we can make one magwell enclosure that'll fit all models and have 4 different delrin insert pieces. Much easier design and more flexible than the factory magwells which actually have 4 different designs/models.

- color match / design match to contour grips and base pads

If you have any ideas, thoughts etc post them here..

Good call on having the one size fits all. I also like the inserts. Keeps the magwell looking nice particullarly for those of us who are, uh, slightly less than gentle during our reloads! :rolleyes:

Edited by Neomet