Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ SP01 SHADOW and bullet profile ....

Stefano

Buy the "U" dies , I use them in 9mm,38, super,40S&W,45 acp...... next best thing to sliced bread.... also lube your brass even with 9mm...... you will be a happy camper!! :

Edited by mike NM

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got around last night examining the problem with my EAA Witness Match. As stated before I don't know if you are having the same problem being your weapon is a CZ, however it is worth looking at.

I examined the bullets that would not function and the ones that would. The difference is how quickly the bullet dappers, in other words are far back does the bullet actually stay .356 in diameter. It is very misleading because I have some very long 147s that dapper rapidly and they function fine, I have some very short 124s that are short but they remain .356 in diameter almost till the end of the bullet.

I removed the barrel and dropped both bullets in, you really really have to look close. The bullets that do not taper quickly will not quite fit all the way in the chamber. Reassembled the weapon and tried the bullets the gun would not come close to going in to battery with the 124 bullets. Also noticed that the bullets had marks left on them from the rifling.

The OAL of the 124 is 1.10 the OAL of the 147 is .116! It all comes down to how long the bullet remains .356 in diameter. I hope this makes since and may help.

BTW when I have had brass that was not resized properly it lead to failure to extract, they would usually chamber OK.

Hi folks,

today 2nd live fire session with my friend and his new "jam-o-matic" Shadow ... :rolleyes:

The situation it's a little bit better: today he's used MY rounds (FMJ RN-bullet, 147 grs, OAL=29,50 mm.) and he suffered only a 10% of feeding problems, due to small amount of bulged-near-the-base cases ....

I reload with a Super 1050, and probably my Dillon sizing die is better fitted than my friend's one on his XL 650.

Anyway it's evident that the Shadow's chamber in VEEERY precise: all the rounds rejected were successfully fired by my Tanfoglio Stock 2 :D:D:D

At this point we really would like to try the famous "undersize sizing die" from EGW: does anyone have any experience with it ?

The U die is the cats meow! It is so good that I no longer use my check guage! Sounds like you need one - doubt if you will be disappointed.