Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA rules question

Chris Conley

Most of the criticism of the IDPA rules seem to be rooted in the fact that some people are very set in their ways with USPSA. Why can't I shoot 38 super major in Limited? Why can't I run full capacity magazines in production? Why can't I shoot gun X just because it's not on some list? These questions amount to the same thing. They are rules that are specific to that game. If you think they should be changed, don't just sit back and say "I like IDPA except for rule 6.66a subsection 21. So I'm not going to shoot it ever again." Become involved, become a SO, talk to the regional coodinator. Rules don't change because people bitch about them, they change because someone steps up and does something about them.

The original post looked like a legitimate question but has devolved into a "this is a stupid rule" fest. Man up and quit bitchin'! How about discussing the question from within the rules?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, let me make sure I've got this straight:

Someone new to the sport, who only shoots it when they have nothing else to do, starts by stating they discharged a round to effect a reload at a more convenient location and got called on it.

This supports the argument that the rule is unenforceable.

I'm lost.

To answer your question Tightloop: Free will and self interest are the reasons logic and reason are so hard to accomplish.

Craig

Edited by Bones

It would be like allowing you to selectively load magazines with different numbers of rounds....

One of the best things said here so far . . . Is there any functional difference between dumping extra rounds to get to slide lock when you want, and intentionally downloading a magazine to get to slidelock when you want? The latter is clearly against the rules.

It would be like allowing you to selectively load magazines with different numbers of rounds....

One of the best things said here so far . . . Is there any functional difference between dumping extra rounds to get to slide lock when you want, and intentionally downloading a magazine to get to slidelock when you want? The latter is clearly against the rules.

Lets see, I'm not going to carry a partially loaded weapon, but I would put an extra round in a threat just for insurance. So still clear as mud.

Most of the criticism of the IDPA rules seem to be rooted in the fact that some people are very set in their ways with USPSA. Why can't I shoot 38 super major in Limited? Why can't I run full capacity magazines in production? Why can't I shoot gun X just because it's not on some list? These questions amount to the same thing. They are rules that are specific to that game. If you think they should be changed, don't just sit back and say "I like IDPA except for rule 6.66a subsection 21. So I'm not going to shoot it ever again." Become involved, become a SO, talk to the regional coodinator. Rules don't change because people bitch about them, they change because someone steps up and does something about them.

The original post looked like a legitimate question but has devolved into a "this is a stupid rule" fest. Man up and quit bitchin'! How about discussing the question from within the rules?

It can't be said any better than that.

For those that don't shoot IDPA (either often, much, never or in a long time), why would you post on this thread???

If all you really do is complain about how "they got it wrong"...STAY OUT OF THE IDPA SECTION. All you are doing is pissing in the soup and ruining it for the rest of the crowd.

Let the people that enjoy the sport have a nice place to come to talk about it. It's not too much to ask.

-Admin

CLOSED