Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I use a RCBS hand primer to prime all my brass and recently have had a few light stikes with new brass. The primers look and feel as though they below flush but the instruction manual (gasp, yes I actually looked at the manual) said primers should be .003-.005 below flush. Measurements that small are a bit beyond my ability with my dial caliper. So I called RCBS customer service and explained my problem, the rep first wanted to know if it were an old or new style. I told him it was over 40 years old so that probably makes it an old style. I gave him part numbers for the parts in the ram assembly that could have worn changing the length. He took my name and address and said the parts would be in the mail. I was so shocked that he had not asked for a credit card that I asked him and he said there was no charge.

Dillon is not the only company that stands behind their equipment.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's a big 10 for RCBS. I've alwasys used their equipment and been well pleased. Recently I acquired an Ammomaster progressive that belonged to a friend who died. He had disassembled the thing and lost alot of parts. I reassembled it and figured out what was missing. It took 27 parts to get it going again. I was sure it was gonna be at least a hundred bucks. They told me it was covered under warranty, no charge at all, not even shipping. I have a buddy that had a Rockchucker. He was moving and had the press on back of the truck. He forgot about it and threw it off on the hiway, destroying the press. He called RCBS to see about ordering a new press. They told him to send it in and they would replace it. He said " no, you don't understand. It was MY fault. I threw it off the truck on the road and ruined it." The nice lady said "send it in and we'll replace it" nuff said! I am a forever customer of RCBS.

• 3 weeks later...