Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Merchant quick change apertures

lppd4

Does anyone know of a source for these apertures I bought a set some years ago from Brownell's, but they have sinced dropped the product. I searched the web and all I find is the Brownell's listing. If you are not familiar with the item, it is a small button that slips into the large aperture of your A2/A4 rear sight and makes the aperture very small. It is held in place by a small O ring. I find it helps me to shoot much more accurately. The part number is

565-016-000 on Brownells website it offers a picture and better description. Any help would be appreciated.

When I first saw this topic a couple of days ago, I did go to the Brownell's website. No joy, there. bummer.

Then I checked out Creedmoor Shooting Sports and Champion's choice.

No joy there either.

The only place I haven't checked out yet is Sinclair International.

Good luck on your search!

• 2 weeks later...

I called Brownell's they were able to give me a phone number to Bill Merchant. Very nice gentleman who runs a one man shop. he is sending me some of his quick change apertures. I highly recommend his product the small aperture helps me greatly, in the accuracy dept.

How big is the aperture?

Change your rear aperture to any one of three, match diameters in only seconds. National Match size apertures slip inside the A-2 standard issue, 0-200 rear aperture, and are held in place with a rubber, "O" ring retainer. Apertures feature convenient notches for fast identification.

SPECS: Steel, blue. Set includes .046" (1.1mm), .052" (1.3mm), .059" (1.4mm) diameter apertures, 6 O-rings.

I have seen, not this, but a replacement for an AR rear sight with different size screw in aperatures. The only problem I see with this is you don't have the ability to change back and forth from small and large.

Jason

You can still use your standard small aperture these fit into the close range/large side of the A2 sight. In low light I use the standard smal side and have not had a problem. Of course if I needed the large aperture these come out very quickly