Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just another reload

AWLAZS

I have been doing quite a bit of dry fire practice. I have actually worn a hole in the front of my grip reloading. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Edited by AWLAZS

I think that where you hold the gun during the load is forcing your weak hand to bend in an unnatural way to insert the mag. You might try letting the muzzle drift to your left just before insertion because that will be more approximate to the orientation your hand and wrist are gonna naturally want to take after you grab a fresh mag.

I didn't notice how straight I kept the gun. Thanks

I just went back and watched it. I turn the gun more when I am just loading.

Anything else??

Edited by AWLAZS

I like your quote. What's great about your video is you can chunk the process of your mag change. I think of my mag change as a golf swing. Tiger makes his look quite effortless, yet there are many components in that one swing. You need to compartmentalize your mag change. I liked your video.

The only other thing that kind of glares at me is your speed getting the next mag in your hand. It looks very smooth right now which is great. Now all you have to do is speed it up a bit then refine.

Do that over and over and your gonna have a pretty badass load.

Randy

looks pretty smooth.

I noticed a couple things on your draw though. One it looks like you are moving you head, turtle-ing a bit. Watch your nose in relation to the back wall as the gun come up.

Second you look like you are forming the grip low, and from the side and then raising the gun up instead of forming the grip in front of you sternum, coming in from behind and then sliding the gun straight out. Shades of grey, but if you're reloading high, draw high too, so you're only practicing one thing.

If you want more speed, JAke hit on it, it's in a snappy left hand. You gotta be a freakin' strikin' rattler with that left hand.

Keep up the good work.

dvc

es

Guys thanks for the help. I will be spending some quality dry fire time working on correcting what you have pointed out.

I have often recorded my dry fire practice to see how I am doing. I don't know why but I usually do it from the front. Never from the extreme side like I did for this video.

I used my camera instead of my camcorder and it worked out well for the space I have.

Eric I never noticed I moved my head until I watched this video prior to posting. I thought I got rid of that a long time ago. I guess I will need to get the mirror hung up in my new dry fire location.

I was doing some weak hand draws and noticed that I was able to get the sights on target quicker then freestyle. Right around that time I watched PB go through his dry fire drills. He really makes a point of bringing his support hand to his center. Watching that made me think about what I was doing. If I think about getting my hands to the high center and push the gun out it takes the bounce out of the end and I get a great sight picture.

Maybe I should count how many times I have to do it without thinking about it.

The reload speed in the video is what I can do without trying to go blistering fast and messing up. I tried to stay relaxed. I get very tense trying to go fast.

Thanks

Randy