Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Left hand grip slips

Bill Schwab

I'd guess you are gripping the gun harder under Match pressure, or that you don't notice the grip slipping.

You might try going to a Match with the attidude that it will be OK if you suck, but you WILL pay attention to what your grip is doing.  Also get some shooters who are close to your level to join you for some practice.  Run some competitive drills, and see what your grip does.

My left hand clam-shell grip used to fly off the gun.

I worried about it for along time and tried everything in the book (and several things that are in no book) until I re-read page 41 of Brians book where he says that the heels of his hands are butted solidly against each other.

It amazes my how I can sometimes make something so simple turn into something so difficult....hehe

I stopped trying so hard and just trusted that it would work, and it did...

Every GM that I have ever talked to said that all the answers are in Brians book but it seems to take me alot of hard work to realize that I am working to hard...

Always learning....

bird

You might try some drills from low ready with the perfect grip, just to get used to the feeling.

In my experience, most grip problems originate from the draw. In practice, we do umpteen draws while focusing on THEM, in matches we do one per stage while thinking about the first target or the reload or the strategery or...

I accept that not every draw will be flawless, BUT that I can recover and still shoot well.

Good luck,

SA