Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RECENT USPSA NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Pretty standard for international IPSC-- you have to live in "your" region for 183 days of the past year (with a few exceptions) and you can't be 'National Champion' of anywhere you don't live. Since we were under IPSC rules at the time, this probably applied: (interestingly enough, I find no residency rules in the 2008 USPSA rulebook, so in theory, we could have a Canuck US National Champ or something, unless there's an outside-the-rulebook ruling on the topic)

IPSC rule 6.5.3:

6.5.3 At Regional and Continental Championships, only competitors who satisfy the residency requirements stated in Rule 6.5.1 are entitled to be recognized as the Regional or Continental Champion, by Division and/or by Division/Category, as the case may be. However when determining Regional or Continental Champions, match results of competitors from outside the applicable Region or Continent must not be deleted from the match results, which must remain wholly intact. For example:

Region 1 Open Division Championships

100% Competitor A - Region 2 (declared as Overall Match and Division Champion)

99% Competitor B - Region 6

95% Competitor C - Region 1 (declared as Region 1 Champion)

Say, for example, at the Columbus Cup, gringos Norteamericanos like me can't actually win the Cup itself, even if we win the match because we don't reside in one of the Cup countries.

Or, at the European Championships, they called up the top 3 in the division, did those awards then they called the top 3 Europeans and did those awards, so Seeklander was 2nd Standard overall, but not 2nd Euro in Standard.

It's a little goofy, but works. Think about NCAA football and conference champions if it makes you feel better ;)

Kinda like how I won A Class in Open at the A6 match last year ................ BUT DON'T EARN A SLOT TO NATIONALS BECAUSE I LIVE IN A5 ? :blink:

That *does* suck. How is it, then, that Angus won Production in Area 6? Doesn't he shoot primarily in Area 2? It strikes me that if you win the match, you've...won the match. If the match cares to give out High Latin American, or High South Dakota Senior, etc, that's cool, too.

Kinda like how I won A Class in Open at the A6 match last year ................ BUT DON'T EARN A SLOT TO NATIONALS BECAUSE I LIVE IN A5 ? :blink:

That is just what I was getting at. I don't know that there is a policy in place anywhere like that. I don't think their is one at USPSA? Perhaps there was one at A6?

I know that our Canadian members have run into the same issue.

Can't see your whole spreadsheet.

Open div: 1980 & 81 John Shaw 1982 J. Michael Plaxco

1979 I think Ross Sigfried? (spelling)

79 Ross Seyfried

78Mickey Fowler

77 Kirk Kirkham

IIRC

76 Ray Chapman

75UNK for US, but Chapman was World Champ that yr.

Edited by tightloop

That *does* suck. How is it, then, that Angus won Production in Area 6? Doesn't he shoot primarily in Area 2?

Going by the IPSC rule, Angus would be the Production Division Champion of the Area 6 match, but not the Area 6 Production Champion.

I've got no idea how nationals slots work, and starting last January, there's no residency rule in the USPSA book anymore either. Oddly, I think I've gotten a Nationals slot from an out-of-my-Area match before though.

I've got no idea how nationals slots work, and starting last January, there's no residency rule in the USPSA book anymore either. Oddly, I think I've gotten a Nationals slot from an out-of-my-Area match before though.

I know that some of our Canadian brothers...placed properly to win a slot at an Area match, but didn't get the slot because they were from Canada. <_<