Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Little Brother Showing Up

BDH

Wow! My 'little' brother (6' 5" 285) just called and he is in KY on his way North from Atlanta. It seems that he actually wants to see what 'this IP SIC'stuff is all about. Cool..... (although, I'll bet that there might be a club closer to Atlanta than ours).... :D

That's very cool!

I always enjoy it when my brother is at the match too, although I am the little brother. :rolleyes:

I think it's okay to say that he's the one who got me started in IPSC, but I'm not supposed to tell anyone that he taught me how to shoot. :unsure::huh::blink::unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

At least your little brother goes. I have tried over and over to get mine to come out, but to no avail. What truly sux is the only thing holding him back, we suspect, is he has to ask permission from his fiance. He used to come shoot IDPA and USPSA with me all the time. He had tremendous potential, with the fact that his natural reaction and speed is greater than mine. He really liked to come out, but I guess the fiance didn't. :angry:

At least your little brother goes.  I have tried over and over to get mine to come out, but to no avail.  What truly sux is the only thing holding him back, we suspect, is he has to ask permission from his fiance.

Well, he did show up, and thought that an IPSC match was a pretty cool thing that he would like to try. Unfortunately, he's in GA (while I am in OH), and my take is that he probably will not reach out to a GA club where he doesn't know anyone. I checked USPSA and it looks like there are plenty of clubs down there, anyone in Georgia want to 'adopt' him to help get him going?

Sand Captain, as far as the fiance thing holding your little bro up, that's too bad, but everyone has seen it before (I've got a couple of guys that I've got out once or twice.... they really enjoyed shooting with us..... but I'm having a hard time getting them back due to spouse issues). Any idea what the issue is? Is she concerned he will get hurt? Or maybe she just does want to 'share him'?

The last thing I want to do is give advice to someone I don't even know, so the only thing I will say is this......... it's MUCH better to work out likes/dis-likes etc before getting married than after. That comment is coming from someone who got married with both partners figuring that they would change the other person, and bring them to their viewpoint. Wife #2 and I get along much better..... ;)

Brian, she's pretty domineering, and he cowers to her.  I wish he would grow a pair, and hers would shrivel.

Well, I SAID I certainly would not give advice, so I won't!

Signed,

Happy with Wife #2 ;)