Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

5" spring system in 6" slide - What spring plug?

Intel6

I tried searching and didn't come up with anything. I also searched some of the vendors and didn't find it either.

I am putting togeather a 6" limited gun and I am looking to get the parts for the recoil system. I know the 6" guns typically use a 5" guide rod and spring which I want but I realized all the 6" spring plugs I am looking at are the reverse shoulder type for bull barrels.

So who makes/sells the right spring plug for a 5" spring system in a 6" slide that can be used with a bushing barrel? I think EGW does, anyone else?

Also, where to get them? I checked Shooters Connection/Dawson/Brownell's and had no luck.

Thanks as always for the assistance.

Neal in AZ

For a bushing barrel it needs to support the end of the rod when in battery and also prevent bushing rotation. It isn't necessarily a special plug, but it is a different plug.

When it was time to order my parts, I called Shooter's Connection and Mike helped me out. Tell him you want to run a 6" bushing gun with a 5" recoil system. He hooked me up with a blued STI spring plug. It's long and has a shoulder inside to hold the 5" spring. Just be advised, my gunsmith (JPL) told me it was too rough of a part to take a nice polish, so I'm having it blasted to a matte finish. You might check to see if they make a stainless version.