Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Keith Urban

Ok, normally I wouldn't make a note of a country artist. While I enjoy some of the older stuff it's just not my thing. But my father keeps telling me that Keith Urban is the shit! I've heard some of his stuff, but I'm not too impressed. Then I find this video.

The thing that grabs me about this is how intense he plays it. As a lifelong geetar novice I can apprieciate how difficult it is to make music with a stringed box. From experience I know it ain't that hard to fake your way into sounding like you know what your doing. Most folks just dig the sound of a guitar. All you gotta do is beat on the thing a bit and 'magic' your a geetar playa!!! But some people have talent. Crazy talent... Keith Urban has that kinda talent. Watch the video link. He is playing and singing. That may seem normal for a musician for some, but most musicians do one thing. Play or sing. Not both at the same time and if they do usually one part suffers. This guy is the real deal. During the first part of the vid he is playing and singing. Watch how active his right hand is. Geetar players know this is a method called Arpeggio. Basically picking thru a chord. It's not a super difficult thing as playing goes, but to do it and sing with that kind of emotion is crazy. It takes tons of focus on each action. The fact that he can do it and belt out something so heart felt is incredible!

So I'm a Keith Urban fan!!!

Hope you enjoy the vid...

Take your cat and leave my sweater.....

There are a lot of good country music guitar players, I just don't know their names that well. Saw a video of Brad Paisley and that guy can play too.

Ok, normally I wouldn't make a note of a country artist. While I enjoy some of the older stuff it's just not my thing. But my father keeps telling me that Keith Urban is the shit! I've heard some of his stuff, but I'm not too impressed. Then I find this video.

The thing that grabs me about this is how intense he plays it. As a lifelong geetar novice I can apprieciate how difficult it is to make music with a stringed box. From experience I know it ain't that hard to fake your way into sounding like you know what your doing. Most folks just dig the sound of a guitar. All you gotta do is beat on the thing a bit and 'magic' your a geetar playa!!! But some people have talent. Crazy talent... Keith Urban has that kinda talent. Watch the video link. He is playing and singing. That may seem normal for a musician for some, but most musicians do one thing. Play or sing. Not both at the same time and if they do usually one part suffers. This guy is the real deal. During the first part of the vid he is playing and singing. Watch how active his right hand is. Geetar players know this is a method called Arpeggio. Basically picking thru a chord. It's not a super difficult thing as playing goes, but to do it and sing with that kind of emotion is crazy. It takes tons of focus on each action. The fact that he can do it and belt out something so heart felt is incredible!

So I'm a Keith Urban fan!!!

Hope you enjoy the vid...

He is very talented, but basically he is a rocker with a country flavor...try to get into real country music and country performers like Alan Jackson...now THAT is real country music, like Pop A Top and Remember When...