Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mississippi Classic

hopalong

Ok you fence sitters,

I spoke with the Main man yesterday (John) and he said he did not count them but he's pretty sure there are over 15 revolver shooters registered for the match.

SO................

IF you would like to shoot in a match where there are more than 2 or 3 other wheelgunners, AND you would like a chance at winning a slot to the 2009 Nationals (top 3 get one) AND you would like to kick my butt since I'm quite rusty at the time. <_<

SO................

get on the ball, and off your ass and get your entry in.

Hop

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on guys, what are you waiting for? We need a few more to get 20. I dropped my app in the mail day before yesterday, and I think that brings us up to 17. 3 more and the the top 3 shooters get slots to 2009 nats.

Sam,

I'm going to shoot MS and would love to join you guys in revolver. The problem is I waited until last weekend to send my 625 to Carmoney, and I just sent Round Gun Shooter the payment for a 25 yesterday. Those guys have been a pleasure to deal with, and I can't wait to shoot the guns when they get here.

It will have to be next year for me, but I hope you guys get the 20. For anyone considering going to MS, they put on a really good match.

Gregg Wheat

FY-46537

Sam,

I'm going to shoot MS and would love to join you guys in revolver. The problem is I waited until last weekend to send my 625 to Carmoney, and I just sent Round Gun Shooter the payment for a 25 yesterday. Those guys have been a pleasure to deal with, and I can't wait to shoot the guns when they get here.

It will have to be next year for me, but I hope you guys get the 20. For anyone considering going to MS, they put on a really good match.

Gregg Wheat

FY-46537

Gregg, your gun is next up on my bench. I've been in trial all week, but that ended today when the jury brought us back a defense verdict (it was a slip and fall case brought against my client). If you want to shoot revolver at the MS Classic, go ahead and sign up for it, I will guarantee that your gun will be back in your hands by Tuesday afternoon!

Greg, I something happens and Mike does not get your gun back in time, come on anyway. If you have Federal primed ammo, I will let you use one of my 625's.

All Hail the Wheel-Gunners! :bow:

By the by, Mike we have room for you too.

Edited by Bwana Six-Gun

Greg, I something happens and Mike does not get your gun back in time, come on anyway. If you have Federal primed ammo, I will let you use one of my 625's.

Al Hail the Wheel-Gunners! :bow:

Thanks Bwana. I've already swapped the 650 from .40 to .45 and loaded ~200 rounds (w/ Federal primers). dajarrel will probably loan me his 625 just in case.

Can't resist the next comment -

I hope we can keep the revo shooting above other allegiances (I'm a MS State grad).

Bwana,

Looking forward to it as well, except I'll probably regret the shooting part after the match. My goals are no DQ and the timer battery doesn't die waiting on me to complete a stage.

Now the count should be up to 18. If so, only need 2 more.....

Thanks Bwana. I've already swapped the 650 from .40 to .45 and loaded ~200 rounds (w/ Federal primers). dajarrel will probably loan me his 625 just in case.

I will test-fire your gun thoroughly with my match ammo (100 rounds or so) before shipping it Fedex overnight on Monday. Keep in mind my match ammo has well-seated (i.e. below flush) Federal primers, which is the key to keeping ignition at 100% with a light competition action.

Gregg, as long as Fedex does its thing, your gun will be there Tuesday! :)

I'd love to make it down there and shoot with you guys, but other commitments are not going to allow it this year. I hope you all have a great match, and look forward to seeing many of you at Nationals if not before.

Mike,

I'll send my 625 with Gregg for a backup gun in case fedex pukes. I welded the cylinder shut after nationals last September :surprise: but I can break the die grinder out and free it up again. :cheers: Just kidding about the welding job.

I may even clean it up although it will lack the character of a well shot 625.

dj

Dennis,

Since Gregg will have his 625, I see no reason WHY you don't go ahead and shoot yours!!!!! :popcorn1: (and No " I haven't been practicing" BS either !!! :goof: )

And tell any and all wheelgunners you know to be there.

I'll see you there,

Hop

The work on Gregg's 625 is all finished, and it's boxed up and ready to hand to the Fedex guy on Monday.

With a state-of-the-art Carmonizer in his holster, he's gonna be pretty tough to beat! ;):D

The work on Gregg's 625 is all finished, and it's boxed up and ready to hand to the Fedex guy on Monday.

With a state-of-the-art Carmonizer in his holster, he's gonna be pretty tough to beat! ;):D

Sorry, Mike, but all the Carmonizer will do is eliminate the gun as an excuse. But don't worry, there are plenty of other excuses out there :) .

Dennis,

Since Gregg will have his 625, I see no reason WHY you don't go ahead and shoot yours!!!!! :popcorn1: (and No " I haven't been practicing" BS either !!! :goof: )

And tell any and all wheelgunners you know to be there.

I'll see you there,

Hop

Sam,

I started shooting open in January. I'm scared I'd lose it if I had to start counting in multiples of six again on short notice.

dj

Well it looks tough for the local boys this year. I don't have all the names of those signed up, but what I have looks like this.

Sam Keen, 13th Overall at the 2007 Nationals. Despite his claims of "I'm rusty, Haven't shot the wheel in a while, Can't hit anything, HE is always a bad-a$$ with a revolver.

James Louque, another one of those who claims to be out of shape, out of practice, yada, yada, yada. I have seen him shoot with Open and Limited and he can probably smoke it with the wheel as well despite his snivelling.

Wayne Alcott, don't know for sure that he will be here, but I don't know why not. He is the defending State Champion and High Overall from 2007 and always a force to be reckoned with.

Jon Durocher, I shot with him at the 2007 Southern Regional ICORE in March and can tell you that he knows how to spin a wheel!!

Greg Wheat, a new (or fairly new) wheel-gunner, but he is a top notch Limited and Open shooter and he will be sporting a freshly "Carmonized" 625 in his holster. That could make a difference despite what he might say.

Matt Beck, one of Sam Keen's protege's. Everyone knows that if Sam took him under his wing, he is not going to be. someone to be taken lightly.

Nashvillebill, the unknown in the equation. He may be a lightweight, or he may be the guy that just smokes us all. Time will tell.

Robert "Lightning" Konrady, I am assuming he will be shooting the wheel, since he has been going at it hot and heavy for the last few months and is now one of the Masters in Revolver Division. Having shot against him, I can say he is a SMOKER!!!!!!!!

Elliot and Annette Aysen, he is a GM and finished 4th Overall and the 2007 Nationals and she shoots for Team Smith & Wesson. Need I say more? I am not sure if they are signed up, but if they are they provide a one-two punch that you can't ignore.

Then there are us locals:

Tommy Cabell, AKA Dead-Eye Doc in the SASS world. He can turn a wheel with the best, but he faces some heavy competition this year.

Danny Warren, Just started shooting the wheel in the last year, but deadly accurate when he takes his time, and everybody knows slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

And then there is me. I have been known to smoke a stage or two, but that is few and way far between. For every good one, I will have three crappy ones.

This is only the ones I know for sure or am reasonably sure will be there. I know there are others out there and have no idea what they will do or are capable of, so it shapes up to be a great match for the wheel-gunners.

If you want to shoot against the best, sign up now before the match fills up.

I don't have mine up and running yet. ( I just handed it to Sam and said fix it) But I'm am bringing a M class rev shooter with me.

So, two more to make us locals look bad. BRING IT ON :bow::unsure::bow:

I didn't say he was going to make y'all look bad. All i'm saying is his card says M.

I'm shooting prod.

Looks like fun to be had by all.

Ben,

Your POS is ready, So you now can get in touch with John and change Divisions . ;)

See ya'll there, I'll bring my rusty ole 25 and try and remember how to make it dance. <_<

Hop

Ben,

Your POS is ready, So you now can get in touch with John and change Divisions . ;)

See ya'll there, I'll bring my rusty ole 25 and try and remember how to make it dance. <_<

Hop

Well Ben, it looks like you have no excuse for not shooting the wheel. Can we count on you or are you going to let Hop talk smack about you all week-end? <_<:P