Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Turbo23

Turbo23

Well I have been pondering how I would attack this game now since my inception back in July of last year. I have been hooked since the first buzzer, and now I am going to make the leap to give this the commitment it and I deserve.

To start off, I am going to compare this with something I have previous experiance with, and do so with a few observations I have made that help me relate some of the progress or lack there of, so to speak.

- This sport is a lot like drag racing. You can just go out and build your self something pretty quick, but you will need more than just a big motor.

You will need a chassis that has the right amount of ground force to put that power down, and the correct tuning (basic skill package) to make that and each run count.

- On that thought, you can make some small improvements along the way (in the beginning) that will heed you a good result, but the quicker you go the harder it is going to be and the larger the modification needed to become quicker. A lot like this sport.

I have not been shooting this for even one year yet. My practice regiment has been pour at best, but yet I was able to heed a semi rapid climb in basic skill level very quickly. Now I know (from the personnel experience I am getting) that I will have to go some extra miles to get were I would like to go. That goal starting with my "A" card. I have finally received my "C" card and was definitely disappointed in my self at first. Then I thought that it is just a card, and I need to work for it. It will not just find me... :lol: Besides like J1B says "they are just stepping stones to were we want to be" In a round about way Jack.. B)

The one thing I did accomplish was even getting the darn card. I had a huge problem of getting the big 0 on the stages that counted. I seem to be competitive in the matches on the overall level, so I should be very pleased with that. Don't get me wrong, I am. I need to start providing myself with the practice that I need to get my self in place on the very basic level and just not shoot from the hip. Like I am so prone to doing. This is for some reason or an other been one of my hardest steps in any sport.

A very quick and simple skills evaluation. I do not have many time on record yet and plan to remedy this Saturday and Sunday of this week.

ElParez

Draw 1.46

splits of .16 - .20

reloads are about the same (the one thing I have practiced a lot of)

Total time of 6.20 (like I said, I will confirm this in a few days)

Best of my memory that was it last weekend.

Thanks for stopping by.

If any one at any point in time has something to say please do. I take constructive criticism very well..... :P

I thought that I would also add a few of my view on what the "BASIC SKILL" package should be. I might just say one thing here Todd. Calling your shot.

I have finally got this to some degree. Now I need to manage it. I thought of this while in my office here at home.... Yes on the pot B)

I now know how big this is. The last few matches I think that I really came a long way when I started to see this and not just wonder. Were did that one one go :huh: While at light speed of course. I have made my self do this on the classifiers. But now I should apply it to all my CFO'S!!! "READ THIS OVER IF NEED BE TODD"

Now I need to learn to control it and my tempo. This is my biggest crutch. I have a very hard time not speeding up. I seem to think that I got this and just keep on making the same mistakes over and over? I have read a ton on this here on the forum. It is all so true. But yet like a few people have told me. They at first sight think I already have my A card. But little do they know I can be like the Tasmanian devil. I compare it to catching an episode of MONK...... If you watch just a few frames of that show and did not not know what you were watching. You would think boy... that guy really has his Sh%T down. Then sit in for the rest of the show and think wow... :o

Slow down bubba and you would have down man it man.... :D

here here all...... Thus the start of my quest for greatness....... ;)

Edited by Turbo23

What do you mean "Hope you can make it"? That doesn't sound like a commitment to me.

What division are you shooting?

Reading your post, sounds like you are focused on speed. If your zero-ing stages, your not hittin As. You use words like, quicker, rapid, light speed, tempo, not speeding up, slow down bubba. Do you think this has something to do with making the same mistakes over and over?

I would recommend the drills Dave Re has, it is a good starting point at determining what your strenghts are and things you need to work on.

Begin your Quest Here

What do you mean "Hope you can make it"? That doesn't sound like a commitment to me.

What division are you shooting?

Reading your post, sounds like you are focused on speed. If your zero-ing stages, your not hittin As. You use words like, quicker, rapid, light speed, tempo, not speeding up, slow down bubba. Do you think this has something to do with making the same mistakes over and over?

I would recommend the drills Dave Re has, it is a good starting point at determining what your strenghts are and things you need to work on.

Begin your Quest Here

Thank Homie... I know that I need to slow down. Due to the fact that the time I do. It works great. Trouble is...

Some times that is harder for me... :blink: Hence the "hope I can" comment. I know I can. I was trying to be light hearted for my self.

Thanks for the link!

"I know that I need to slow down. Due to the fact that the time I do. It works great."

You don't need to tell yourself to slow down. You just need to see what you need to see to hit that Alpha for that shot. Do that for every shot and I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised with the results on the timer.

If you don't already have it, get Lanny Bassham's book "With Winning in Mind".

• 5 months later...
"I know that I need to slow down. Due to the fact that the time I do. It works great."

You don't need to tell yourself to slow down. You just need to see what you need to see to hit that Alpha for that shot. Do that for every shot and I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised with the results on the timer.

If you don't already have it, get Lanny Bassham's book "With Winning in Mind".

I never got back you Homie on the book. A GREAT READ INDEED.

Boy summer has been busy at work. Construction for ya. But feel like I am getting some where now a day's.

State is comming up this weekend. Looking forward to it!

Saturday's match...

- Good plan for a tune up. Shot slower and much more accuratly (when I aimed hard) the 2 times I slacked off it bit me in the but. Learn form this, as you should have always done before :unsure:

- Shoot your match.... Not the match that others are shooting. Recognise your ability and not that of others that might be beyond you....

Sunday live fire...

- Worked a transitiondrill hard. Felt good watching the sights hard throught out the drill. Not giviing up or getting lazy.

- Bill drills now down to 1.8's down 1. Boy I want to be able to apply this to a match. Practice is a fair amount better thatn match day. But I really do not feel nervs on match day??? More rounds down range buddy.

- Long range box to box. Very good for me today. 30 yrds. 2 shots run 15 yards hard 2 shots. Time 6 sec. no points down. Good job Todd.

Mag changes in live fire finally down to 1.2's. As long as I see the well, I am good. I need to maintain this and not take it for granted.

Thanks again Homie for the lead on that book.

T..

you can make it..that is without a doubt..at any point in time..we all shoot too fast..we all shoot too slow. finding that balance is what is fun.

I shot fast from the very start..I had to learn accuracy and seeing..as you seen me shoot..I am still learning..but it will come if you want it too.

T..

you can make it..that is without a doubt..at any point in time..we all shoot too fast..we all shoot too slow. finding that balance is what is fun.

I shot fast from the very start..I had to learn accuracy and seeing..as you seen me shoot..I am still learning..but it will come if you want it too.

EZ Bagger Posted Today, 01:22 PM

Good luck this weekend. Long match...and points win it.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.