Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for a Gunsmith To Customize My Air Soft

I bought a Single Stack 1911 AirSoft from Manny and... so far.... couldn't be happier. It is an all metal gun with the feel of a 9 mm 1911----and it is deadly accurate at 20 feet . . . and I even sent a Blue Jay to it's happy hunting gounds ... off my bird feeder (through an open window) at about 9 paces...with a quick controlled pair to the "seed basket" :cheers:

I'm cranking out a bunch of reduced size targets for practice with this new toy tonight.

So------- to make this a really good training tool for me... the rear sights (which are totally un-adjustable and mimick WW II 1911 sights) need to be replaced. I put a couple coats of white primer followed by bright "hot" pink paint on the small front and can probably live with that... but I'd really like to put a BoMar style sight on the rear... so that I see a familer sight picture.

Obviously a Dawson FO front sight would also be great too.. but I don't want to invest a fortune in sights and milling on a gun that cost under $200 with all the accessories included.

Does anyone in Enos land know someone who has experience with this type enhancement on an AirSoft pistol????

Thanks In Advance!

Mark

Any gunsmith with a milling machine can do them.

The trick is that "setup" and machining time would be the same as any limited gun & the same cost.

It would be great practice for someone who is not a real gunsmith, IE me, as if you screw it up its cheep to buy a new gun vs a new slide and fitting.

You would at least save shipping cost as its not a "gun part".

Those are some good ideas. I live in a rural area and there isn't a "smith" in these parts who I'd trust with even an AirSoft let alone one of my "real" 1911s....

I'll start looking for a slide replacement.

I could have gone with the "limited" version and it would have had adjustable sights... but it was a wide body with a huge mag. well and a light rail.. so it really would have had a totally different feel and it wouldn't have fit any of my holsters.

• 1 month later...