Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SafariLand mag holders way tight

WWJD

I just got some SafariLand 773-850-651-150 Mag Holders for EAA Limited .38 super mags.

3 are way tight and 1 is loose. I can get the loose one to tighten up with the screws but the tight ones don't seem to loosen up.

Any idea's?

I just got some SafariLand 773-850-651-150 Mag Holders for EAA Limited .38 super mags.

3 are way tight and 1 is loose. I can get the loose one to tighten up with the screws but the tight ones don't seem to loosen up.

Any idea's?

Some one may have a better idea?

When I got mine for Glock... They were all tight. I just slammed them in and left them that way for about a week if I remember right.

They got looser with time.Now they are JUST RIGHT!!!!!

Hope that will help you.. ;)

Edited by Turbo23

Yea, had same thing with mine. I just shoved a mag in and applied a little heat, not to much just enough to get the plastic to reshape a little. I used a lighter and just work over the areas that were tight near the bottom of the mag. Would be slower but safer if you used a hair dryer through.

mda

Hello: What I have done to a couple of different holsters and mag holders is buy some fuel line hose. Take the original spacer out and cut a piece of the hose 1/8" longer. Then install the hose in the mag holder. It will space it out further and then you can tighten the screws down to suit you. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric