Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Classification Calculation

rgkeller

USPSA rules say that when calculating classications, scores below 5% of the current classification are not used.

This month I went up in classification but the scores below 5% of my new classification were still in the calculation.

Does it take a month for the "below 5%" rule to kick in to the new level? Can I expect all scores below 5% of my new classification to be ignored in next months posting?

USPSA rules say that when calculating classications, scores below 5% of the current classification are not used.

This month I went up in classification but the scores below 5% of my new classification were still in the calculation.

Does it take a month for the "below 5%" rule to kick in to the new level? Can I expect all scores below 5% of my new classification to be ignored in next months posting?

Only as they drop out of the best 6 of your current 8, over time. If you're a B now, any future classifiers below 55% won't count, but any that are currently active will remain that way until replaced.....

Only as they drop out of the best 6 of your current 8, over time. If you're a B now, any future classifiers below 55% won't count, but any that are currently active will remain that way until replaced.....

Thanks! I had the same question today.

• 2 months later...

Slight drift - Does anybody have a flow chart or order of operations/precedence of how to apply the classification rules? I am rather logically oriented person and am having a hard time reproducing my average based on the way i read the rule book. I have searched the forums for this topic and this was as close as I could find.

Second question - am I the only person with this problem?

Thanks for any help - Adam