Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 550B Reloading Video

AGR_Austin

I went to you tube and viewed 5 videos by a person named jamz8844.

Great explanation on how to ready and use a Dillon 550B press.

This was just what I was looking for. Could be good information for another

newcomer to reloading.

Videos are titled "How to reload using a Dillon RL 550B Part1 of 5"

• 2 weeks later...
I went to you tube and viewed 5 videos by a person named jamz8844.

Great explanation on how to ready and use a Dillon 550B press.

This was just what I was looking for. Could be good information for another

newcomer to reloading.

Videos are titled "How to reload using a Dillon RL 550B Part1 of 5"

Thanks AGR_Austin!! This is just what I needed! I'm getting ready to go buy a 550 too!!

I would like to buy it from BE, sorry about that Brian, but I have a local dealer who has been a great guy helping me out a lot...you just don't get his type of experience and CS too much anymore these days. I'll spend plenty here, be.com, in the future too...

Thanks much to BE though...with out this site I wouldn't have ventured this far!!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Dillon supplied a video if you bought their "Package". Don't forget their help line either! With Dillon, there is no such thing as a dumb question unless you don't ask it and mess something up and have to wait for parts.

I am not sure what "the package" is. I bought a 550 recently with quite a few accessories and it didn't come with the video. The video was cheap enough, but I didn't think it's necessary with all the web info out there, and I had used another press. Dillon should really have some video on their website for download.

i dunno...you can buy their oldschool VHS video for like 5bucks off the dillon site.....i talked to them on the blue press forum about updating to DVD format and they said they were going to update and remake the film and release it on DVD....when that happens who knows???i had to borrow a vcr to watch mine :blink:

I just bought a 550 last week and the video was not part of any package. I did buy the video and it is very good, but the video ws made in 1993, so it shows how to adjust the old dies anstead of the new. It also shows an older powder thrower design instead of the current design. in spite of these two things the video is still outstanding. I hope they update the video, they woud only have to re-shoot a couple of scienes to bring it up to date.

I also agree those youtube videos are excellent.

Chris

Edited by Shadowdog500