Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Zero For Bianchi

BigDave

What yardage do you zero your sights at for a stock gun for Action Pistol - Bianchi? I'm thinking the the furthest range on the Plates. Although, the 50 yd on the practical has merit. What do you all do?

BTW - anyone shooting the Indiana State match this weekend?

BigDave,

My preference is to zero at 50 yrds. This puts my 25 yrd zero about 3/4' high at 25.

If I zero at 25, it's about 1.5" low at 50. I'd rather be a little high at 25.

Rumor has it that there will be quite a contingent at Winamac on Sunday.

OK. I was just thinking that the furthest on the Plates would be best b/c there is little fudge room there as oppossed to the others.

SRT - I'm planning on being there first thing Sunday (it is Sunday, right?). You and Eddy gonna be there?

BigDave,

I'm planning to get to the Range about 9 on Sunday.

Eddie is already there!! He took a couple of days off to practice before the 'Cup.

He even has two presses set up IN THE BED OF HIS TRUCK!!!!! One was not enough, so he mounted his 550 AND his 650 with the case feeder etc!!!

Eddie had a bad day at the Bianchi (Practical Match), I am not sure exactly what happened but I will let you know. He was not a happy camper.

Met him at Indiana and I am sure than his set up a a good way to go.

I love shooting Machine Guns.

Good to meet Big dave and SRT at Winamac.

Shame about the crummy scores. The match was won with a 1909. But every body fouled up somewhere, some of us twice.

GM - how did you do at the Cup? It was great meeting you and watching you shoot (and he can folks). The gun that is in the avatar has the coolest leafs on it.

Maybe for next months Trivia/Win a Book, we can all guess what GM IPROD means? I'd absolve myself.

Congratulations to Martin Johnson and all of the class winners. And thanks to all of the range officers and match crew.

It was good to see some of our foreign friends again and shooting plates with a Grease Gun made my whole day. Talk about a slow cyclic rate!!! Thanks to the Class 3 guys that shared their toys with us.

GM, nice to finally put a face to a name and good luck at the 'Cup.