Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dawson glock 007-002 base pads

shootin-blanks

Just bought some Dawson base pads and put them on new G-22 (15 round) mags, they claim to add 5 rounds, yet I can only get 17 rounds total in the mags...I called them and they told me I should NOT have to cut any of the coils off the new springs.. Anybody care to chime in and offer any suggestions?

thanks,

Scott

UPDATE: :cheers:

My new mags came with #8 followers, I dug through my other mags, and found one with a #6, the Dawson base pad works fine now..... :-)

I called Glock US, and asked for tech support.. they are sending me six.. 'no-charge'....They told me there was no difference in the Bodies of those shipped with 6's or 8's..

I also called Dawson and told them about the problem... Anybody else out here using/tried Dawson extended base pads for the Glock 35, using #8's ???

Scott

• 1 month later...

I had a problem with the base plates on mine when i first got them taking the extra rounds but hanging up bad if you put more than 17 rounds in them. The problem I found was there is a "lip" in the bottom of the actual glock mags. When the follower gets to it it made loading the 18th round hard and caused jams when it came past it on the way up. The fix was to simply remove that lip area on the inside of the mag and have never had any problems since and can fit a full 20 rounds with the glock loader for the last one and 19 by hand

• 7 months later...

ekujustice,

can you post pics? i looked at my mags and there is not a lip. I have #5 followers. i posted before i looked this post with the same problem.

srt205

Edited by srt205

Ill have to get my camera out and take some of the mags when I get back in town. It is more of a bulge out are more than a traditional lip in the bottom of the mags on the bottom of the inside. I believe its the front of the mag that has an area that kind of protrudes into the body of the mag on both sides. Its not much but its enough to cause Jams. I use #8 followers in mine and ISMI springs made for the +4-5 base plates