Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Goonna try my "Carmonized" hammer in a match tonight

vrmn1

We will shoot a classifier so maybe that will be the thing I need to push me into A or higher. :rolleyes::cheers:

Well, it's the only sure way to see if the gun will run. I've lost track of the number of times I've modified a gun, wasted time and ammo testing it, only to have it puke on a classifier during a match.

It's like when deer aren't afraid of you the day before season opens, or the day after the season closes. The wheel gun gremlins know when you are testing (and it doesn't matter) and when you are trying to do a decent job scoring with a clock running.

It's been proven. <_<

"SEVEN" ........not a very revolver friendly classifier :surprise:

Nothing last night was revolver friendly, evem the MD.

The world is not revolver friendly. :rolleyes:

I am thinking about carmonizing a hammer. Did it make a big difference in the feel of the gun? No light strikes?\

Gary J.

I am thinking about carmonizing a hammer. Did it make a big difference in the feel of the gun? No light strikes?

Gary, there are two functional reasons to skeletonize the hammer:

(1) By reducing the weight of the hammer by about half, it speeds up locktime enough that you actually get better primer ignition from the same mainspring tension setting--this allows you to reduce the mainspring tension more than you could reduce it otherwise and still maintain 100% ignition reliability. A fast slap always beats a slow crushing blow when it comes to popping primers.

(2) The actual hammer fall will feel noticeably lighter to the shooter, and "jostle" the gun less. Whether this contributes to greater practical accuracy or not is debatable, but it sure feels better. If you've ever dry-fired a 1911 with one of the lightweight hammers like the Koenig hammer made by EGW, you'll know what I'm talking about.

I am thinking about carmonizing a hammer. Did it make a big difference in the feel of the gun? No light strikes?

Gary, there are two functional reasons to skeletonize the hammer:

(1) By reducing the weight of the hammer by about half, it speeds up locktime enough that you actually get better primer ignition from the same mainspring tension setting--this allows you to reduce the mainspring tension more than you could reduce it otherwise and still maintain 100% ignition reliability. A fast slap always beats a slow crushing blow when it comes to popping primers.

(2) The actual hammer fall will feel noticeably lighter to the shooter, and "jostle" the gun less. Whether this contributes to greater practical accuracy or not is debatable, but it sure feels better. If you've ever dry-fired a 1911 with one of the lightweight hammers like the Koenig hammer made by EGW, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Yeah what he said. :cheers:

"SEVEN" ........not a very revolver friendly classifier :surprise:

Nothing last night was revolver friendly, evem the MD.

The world is not revolver friendly. :rolleyes:

I am thinking about carmonizing a hammer. Did it make a big difference in the feel of the gun? No light strikes?\

Gary J.

The world is not revolver friendly

That is deep, man

Those sound like the stages we shoot at in McHenry -- right Tom :cheers:

Yep, it is familiar. But where else can you shoot on a thurs. nite and have 6 out of 24 shooters shooting revolvers. Now if it will just quit the blizzard thing on thurs nites so I can get there more regular.