Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

hardest thing about shooting with SS shooters

AlamoShooter

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I was going to say ...Its when you notice that the other single stack guys are watching the SS guy that just shot .... :sick: - Bend Over - to pick up his mags. I thought that was too mean. Or when a real good SS guys shoots and all the other SS guys are scrambling to pick up his mags so they can ... give them back to him :wub:

So We need to do a count down

10 Hardest Things about shooting a stage with SS Shooters

#10 trying to turn your head fast when plumbers pants bends over to pick up mag 6

#9 trying to reset the Sun Dial and hoping the sun stays up before the match is over

#8 The whining over mag capacity

#7 Watching them Pout ...about most every thing

#6 having them bitch slap your hi cap brothers around on the score sheet.

#5 having a hi cap mag jam up and the fear of you feel when you have the thought that...I could get beat by a SS guy :o

#4 Watching a flat foot reload on a five target steel stage

#3 number three is complements of Mr Z :yawn: = Falling asleep during the stage zzzzzz#2?

# 2 complements of Big Jim = Knowing the Big Bullets will earn them an A when the same shoot form my open gun get me a .....C ...wimper

#1 number One goes to CatFish ....The #1 Hardest thing about shooting SS shooters

"Trying to figure out what motivates them"

WOO HOO! I'M #1! I'M #1!! :cheers:

I would also add to this esteemed list that an additional reason for shooting SS for me is that after having a match sabotaged last year (DTC) with a gun that broke during the match I am convinced that if I want to compete at the highest level of the sport, I'm going to need two complete guns that run 100%. I can afford two complete 1911s without having to take out another mortgage on my house to afford it.

That, and I've never seen ANY open gun run 100%. :goof:

I would also add to this esteemed list that an additional reason for shooting SS for me is that after having a match sabotaged last year (DTC) with a gun that broke during the match I am convinced that if I want to compete at the highest level of the sport, I'm going to need two complete guns that run 100%. I can afford two complete 1911s without having to take out another mortgage on my house to afford it.

That, and I've never seen ANY open gun run 100%. :goof:

I can not think of ANY kind of gun that I have not seen jam or fail. even my Over and under has failed. I seen a carpenters hammer break driving nails :unsure: and one time my -Wit -went dull. :unsure: , really it did

Is that a zombie vampire shark? cuzzz if so I'm going to need a big stick to drive through its hart

Shark?

10_3_6.gif

That's a GIGANTIC thumb rest on a C-More mount.

:lol::lol::lol::P

My thumbs are normal size thank you. besides what Else can I mount my cup holder to

• 3 weeks later...

On behalf of my squad mates this weekend, I humbly submit:

"Hearing me complain about illegal stage designs that ignore

1.2.1.2 “Medium Courses” must not require more than 16 rounds to

complete and no more than 3 shooting locations. Course design

and construction must not require more than 8 scoring hits from

any single location or view, nor allow a competitor to shoot all

targets in the course of fire from any single location or view.

1.2.1.3 “Long Courses” in Level III or higher matches must not require

more than 32 rounds to complete. Course design and construction

must not require more than 8 scoring hits from any single

location or view, nor allow a competitor to shoot all targets in

the course of fire from any single location or view."

I love my .45, but I do despise being forced to make flat-footed reloads.

Clearly, it was one, two and four. Stage 2 as originally written would have been a slightly illegal standards stage, but that would have been far better IMHO than a bad field course.

Anyway, this is not the hate forum, but if I were to venture there it would be about my mikes on stage 1, not about a match that people worked hard to set up. I do wish we could all get on the same sheet of rulebook music though.