Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 Single Stack Elitist Club

zhunter

No, not missing, just gone to Vegas. I also installed a Dawson magwell on my SS and had to order the extended basepads for my mags. Installed those this morning. Sh#t's really cool!!

Two weeks for Jadeslade for being a namedropper???

Yeah, that seems fair. :roflol::roflol:

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No, not missing, just gone to Vegas. I also installed a Dawson magwell on my SS and had to order the extended basepads for my mags. Installed those this morning. Sh#t's really cool!!

Boz

Glad to you are still around, you've been quiet :cheers:

Here is the new modification to my holster, I added spacers, it is close to the legal limit of 2".

DSC_0038.jpg

OK, I got the calipers out and did the measurement.

Drum-roll please!!!!!!!!

1.935" from inside the INNER-belt to the edge of the thumb-safety

Legal :cheers:

Here are a couple of reloads I did this morning.

1 Shot, reload, 1 shot with a PAR time of 2.30 seconds

Here is a Link for a youtube version

Really need to get a magazine in the gun so that something is coming out to keep you honest on the button. Other than that a 1 second draw and a 1.3 reload is pretty good. Are you drawing to a target or just air?

Really need to get a magazine in the gun so that something is coming out to keep you honest on the button. Other than that a 1 second draw and a 1.3 reload is pretty good. Are you drawing to a target or just air?

Corey, I practice both ways, i.e. mag in and out. Hitting the mag release is not an issue.

I am drawing on a target, and before I took that video I was using 1.10 sec as a par-time and was easily hitting A's within this time.

Corey, I practice both ways, i.e. mag in and out. Hitting the mag release is not an issue.

I am drawing on a target, and before I took that video I was using 1.10 sec as a par-time and was easily hitting A's within this time.

Awesome then! Something that will surprise you, or at least it did me, was going to the range and doing shot to shot reloads. Just letting the timer beep and when your ready fire, reload, fire. That will give you a idea of how long it takes you to do a reload.

Live fire on the timer I have done some 1.15's, SS of course

Yeah, I was all pissed off that my draw, fire, reload, fire was in the 2.1 mark or so dryfire. I go to the range and it hit me, "Dummy you have to react to the buzzer and that is probably where your added time is." So I just let the buzzer beep then went for it and was getting solid 1 second reloads with the skinny gun! I've gotten down in the .8 with the draw live fire and almost .7s but the reloads is what I wanted around 1.00.

I was in a squad at Area 6 this year with the Ninjer Cocker and friends and I believe the Bos was our RO at the last stage. One of our shooters tried to get his blood pressure up, but he was as cool as a red chile. I am honored to be on probation for name dropping. :bow: Seriously he was hunky dory and fun.

I was in a squad at Area 6 this year with the Ninjer Cocker and friends and I believe the Bos was our RO at the last stage. One of our shooters tried to get his blood pressure up, but he was as cool as a red chile. I am honored to be on probation for name dropping. :bow: Seriously he was hunky dory and fun.

Now he's dropping the correct names. I suggest reducing probation to a week...... :cheers:

Now he's dropping the correct names. I suggest reducing probation to a week...... :cheers:

You think he is comfortable in the company of fellow probbies?

Let's leave the past in the past, what he don't know won't hurt him. :ph34r:

Boz

Are you trying to tell us you have been on the straight and narrow lately?????? :rolleyes:

Nooooooooo........?????

October 3rd, at the Florida Section Match in Titusville, I get the opportunity to shoot on the SAME squad as the one and only NEMO!!!

I am really looking forward to this, gonna be fun for sure.

Bout time.......

Too late, I read all the posts, took me a month. Probation is honorable in this crowd. :bow: Hopefully I will see Nemo tomorrow and can check on my probation.

Too late, I read all the posts, took me a month. Probation is honorable in this crowd. :bow: Hopefully I will see Nemo tomorrow and can check on my probation.

Every post?????? There's been a few little peaks and valleys for the ole Boz in this thread... :roflol:

Nemo, a week from inception should be more than enough, don't ya think !!! :rolleyes:

MEMBERSHIP UPDATE

Let's welcome Bill "JadeSlade" Nelson to the brotherhood. He comes to us with the best possible reference: ME!! :devil:

Welcome JadeSlade!! :cheers:

VOTING MEMBERS in BOLD

HONORARY MEMBERS in ITALICS

GS1: GARY STEVENS - THE GRAND SNOB :bow:

1 - Merlin

2 - ZH Chairman of Discipline Committee

3 - Aikidale

4 - Steve J

5 - Gentleman Jim (Pinky)

6 - Mark S18138

7 - IMA45DV8

8 - Alan Meek Chairman Committee of Liaison with USPSA

9 - Catfish

10 - BOZ1911 - Slayer

11 - Gman Bart

12 - Ladyinblue (The Brain)

13 - CSEMartin

14 - Fortyfiveshooter

15 - Nemo

16 - DMS42

17 - MiddleMan

18 - Airedale SSES Junior Coordinator

19 - Benny Hill

20 - Carmoney

21 - Sethmark

22 - Bill Nesbitt

23 - P.E. Kelly

24 - ddj8052

25 - 6-shot

26 - Dan Sierpina

27 - Grandbagger

28 - j1b

29 - Scout454

30 - Game Player, H.M.

31 - Michigan Shootist

32 - ChrisStock (a.k.a Lighteye67)

33 - Modoc

34 - Skywalker

35 - ExiledViking

36 - SV SHooter

37 - Steel 1212

38 - Slabbie Shooter

39 - 38Superman

40 - YSued (Director of Photography)

41 - Vagus

42 - 9x21

43 - Dubletap

44 - kgunz11

45 - TGO, H.M.

46 - Krautwagen

47 - Supercomp9

48 - North

49 - Ed Deegan

50 - GmanCdp

51 - Clyde

52 - hk_mtbr

53 - JKR

54 - sskp1

55 - Baerburtchell

56 - bp78

57 - Rob Moore

58 - High Velocity

59 - want2race (Chopper)

60 - gotm4

61 - webbo

62 - tpcdvc

63 - bigsaxdog

64 - JKSNIPER

65 - nashvillebill

66 - ken hebert

67 - T_Deegan

68 - Hopalong

69 - eerw

70 - bbbean

71 - 71Commander

72 - Rocket35

73 - Boss1622

74 - BNorth

75 - Loose Brass

76 - rrflyer

77 - Wunbadweel

78 - Kyle O

79 - Doug H.

80 - A62335

81 - GM IPROD

82 - d5357

83 - TM262

84 - Samuel Adams

85 - DirtyPool40

86 - Doug H

87 - werewolf45auto

88 - Jadeslade

You'll have to refresh my memory on when was it that I "saved you life". Yes BOZ, just a week probation would be enough but tha's up to the disciplinary committee -> Zhunter.

B)

Edited by Nemo

Nemo

Damn Nemo, you are right, When I put that thing together with the spacers, I was looking at my Limited rig to re-assemble it. So THAT is why it felt weird!!! That's what happens when you don't shoot for 20 months.

It will be corrected as soon as I post this post :wacko:

Put me on 3 days probation.... And Slade gets all 14 days of his 2 weeks :devil: