Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Flying to CA what mags can I take for lim ?

spooledup

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe it is legal to be in possession of replacement parts for magazines greater than 10 rounds, and to purchase the same in California for the purpose of refurbishing such magazines.

That is correct. It is also completely on the prosecuter to PROVE you didn't own those hi-caps before the ban. As long as you are of age and your mags aren't marked, it would be a tough sale in court to prove you made them recently.

Now if you are 22, and have a brand new OLL with 30 round mags you are probably asking for trouble.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe it is legal to be in possession of replacement parts for magazines greater than 10 rounds, and to purchase the same in California for the purpose of refurbishing such magazines.

That is correct. It is also completely on the prosecuter to PROVE you didn't own those hi-caps before the ban. As long as you are of age and your mags aren't marked, it would be a tough sale in court to prove you made them recently.

Now if you are 22, and have a brand new OLL with 30 round mags you are probably asking for trouble.

Keep in mind that you have to had been a resident prior to and since 1 Jan 2000 to be legal.

I bought 30 rd AR mags when I was 14 @ the old Crossroads of the West gun show in Pomona. That was 1981. All the man said was "thanks."

Ownership of magazines has never had an age requirement.

I bought 30 rd AR mags when I was 14 @ the old Crossroads of the West gun show in Pomona. That was 1981. All the man said was "thanks."

Ownership of magazines has never had an age requirement.

That's what everyone says - "I swear officer, my dad took me to gun shows when and I'd put the 30 rounders in my stroller!"

:D :D :D