Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

High Plains Shotgun Challenge

apriav, if you go to www.tacproshootingcenter.com, and look in their calendar you will find the info you seek, under March 22. They have the entry form and range location. I apologize if the earlier posts didn't have enough information for you, you can also call me if you wish, I believe my number is listed in the first post, if not 512-496-5386. Or if you wish you can call TACPRO at 254-968-3112, they can give you info on the range and general locale, however if you want match info , you'd be better off calling me.

A lot of people have called me wanting more info, and I've been happy to help them out.

Thanks for your interest, Trapr Swonson

Edited by bigbrowndog

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the lack of rainfall in the Texas area, there is a distinct possibility that we will have rain during the match. Isn't that the way it always happens..........................In case this does occur I have made arrangements for some paper targets to be replaced with steel, so the necessary rounds may change a bit. Please make sure you bring at least double the required amounts and you should have no problems.

thanks Trapr

Jamie, let me know if you would like to borrow a good shotgun for the event, I will not be shooting on the day of the match.

I was thinking of having them there in case someone needed one.

Trapr

Thanks! That would be Great

This is great I have an Offer of several guns. Yes please that would be great. = I have a tube coming for my Browning Auto but I only have 30" sporting barrels, So that would be kind of funny.

I know that going to this shoot will chip into my shooting for Double Tap ..BUT your event sounds like too much fun to miss.

Can someone post some links of video so that us Nemrods can get a better Idea on what we will be doing? Please

Trapr, heard that we will be shooting clays pigeons with slugs. Presumably these are stationary and not flying? :devil: Need to get me a box of clays to practice on. They are cheap.

And I just realized this thing is the day before Easter. Any special themed prizes?

Lee

I can put fuzzy bunny tails on the prizes for you, or make you put your ammo in bunny poop. You choose!!!

Actually I hadn't noticed if I had I might have done a themed stage or something.

And Yes, they will be flying with slugs.....................................................................................

.........................NOT!!!!

Just one stationary clay and it will be aprox. 20ish yards.

Trapr

Jamie I sent you some footage of a Welsh SG match that I had.

Yes, Larue has allowed us 5 of their really cool, self resetting sniper targets for use as slug targets. I've picked them up as well as 600.00 in gift certificates.

thank you Larue Tactical.

Jamie. Scout probably just wanted you to pass on to Dakata that he is still better looking than him, even at 10 years old.

trapr

Yes, Larue has allowed us 5 of their really cool, self resetting sniper targets for use as slug targets. I've picked them up as well as 600.00 in gift certificates.

thank you Larue Tactical.

Jamie. Scout probably just wanted you to pass on to Dakata that he is still better looking than him, even at 10 years old.

trapr

Yea well DaKota said, that he has been to more shot-gun shoots than Scout

It was a very Real Dream,

It was funny in the dream cuzz DaKota was in it too but it was one of / the only times that Scout came up to me with DaKota their that he was not just trying to piss DaKota off = DaKota was fine with it

I think every time he sees DaKota ..Scout says " Im Bigger Than YOu are" ...Punk!

Well i just got back from TacPro, and the stages are going to be a whole lot of fun, They are as FREESTYLE as we can make them, there are a number of ways they can be shot.

I am requiring that the shooter perform a few necessary tasks, but all in all, there is a lot of room for FREESTYLE shooting.

Also we have only a few Open shooters signed up and I am personally aware of about four that we don't have entries for yet. if anyone is considering shooting Open, please get your entry in before its too late.

I may put in an extra slug target or shot target, but the round counts are pretty much as I listed in the info post. I shot all the slug targets that we thought might pose a problem for shooters today, with a 19" barreled no rear sight shotgun, and was able to hit them all, some took 2 shots but they all seem to be quite doable. Also the steel that had noshoots next to them was shot with the same gun and it is a Cyl. bore SG, those seem to be doable, provided you choose to shoot it from the same place I did, the shot charge was a 1 oz, 1300fps load.

We seem to be pretty much all ready, except for 2 stages that will be put together the weekend of the RO shoot.

I hope all the shooters that show up have a great time, because if we get good feedback, this will happen annually. I've already got 11 stages designed for next year.

Trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

My application (Open) is safely sitting here next to the computer (sigh), as is Liota's (also Open). I'll get those in the mail tomorrow. Fred (Tactical/iron/no porting/mag fed) will bring his application to the match. I set up his hotel room so I know he is going (laughs). Still trying to get some more of the Usual San Angelo Suspects (Bill Powe/Open, Cary Baker/Tactical) to agree to show up...

Of course, I'm really in this only to see Scout again :D

Alex