Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Frankford Arsenal Micro Scale

I bought a Frankford Arsenal Micro scale from Midway a month ago. The first week I had no problems with it, but now I have problems calibrating it. When I try to calibrate it the scale showes "CAL E" everytime which says the calibration has failed.

I have tried to calibrate it over 15 times, and everytime it failes.

Is this scale just a cheap peace of s****, or are there something I have missed?

Should I send it back, or buy a different scale?

I bought a Frankford Arsenal Micro scale from Midway a month ago. The first week I had no problems with it, but now I have problems calibrating it. When I try to calibrate it the scale showes "CAL E" everytime which says the calibration has failed.

I have tried to calibrate it over 15 times, and everytime it failes.

Is this scale just a cheap peace of s****, or are there something I have missed?

Should I send it back, or buy a different scale?

take the battiers out rub them on a piece of paper or your blue jeans, reinsert them and try again the battieries they supply seem to get some film on them that causes this. you can also try new batteries too I had the same issue

Hate to admit it but I have that scale as well. It is working for me. Sometimes I have to do the cal twice but it ussually works the first time. If it doesn't I would send it back before you have it 30 days just to be safe. Even when it works it's not a great scale. It turns itself off way to fast. Other then that it's ok.

Send them back don't waste your time.

A lot of those small digital scales are very temperature sensetive. I sell the Frankford Arsenal and the Smart Loader (same unit different colour). I don't like them. I think a lot of guys buy these and use them because they are cheap and digital. I have tested the consistancy using the same Match Projectile many times over. A set of Hornady, Lyman, Dillon or RCBS standard balance beams cales are more reliable.

All else fails buy either Lyman DPS for rifle or Dillon Digital Scales for everything.

I have removed the batteries and calibrated the scale four times without any help.

I will try new batteries later to day

that is probably your problem, need new batteries, also do you have your fan on, if so that may cause error readings, I know when I first started using my dillon I would get fluctuations on the display and couldnt figure it out, then it dawned on me to turn off the fan, and thats all it was. maybe the FA just shows an error report, instead of fluctuating

• 2 weeks later...

I am back with new scale and more questions ^_^

I sent the Frankford back to Midway and got a Lyman 1000XP compact in return.

But when I turn the scale off, the disply shows "-----" not blank....is this normal?

I thought the disply should be emty when I turn it off

I lost my instructions. Anyone care to scan them and post them for me???

Please????

Oh, don't breathe on it either. A clear plastic box to cover it might be useful in reducing thrashing from air currents. I was questioning the results from mine, so I checked it with a Lee balance scale. They matched exactly. It ends up the powder I was using was binding the powder bar up a little, causing intermittent short stroking and inconsistent drops of powder.

Edited by Jeff686