Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI feed Problems

Coolduckboy

I'm having the same problem with my Edge. I tried to take the extractor out, but couldn't get get out.

This is supposed to be an easy process. Remove the firing pin stop. Remove firing pin and spring. Slide out extractor. The thing won'r come out. I pushed on the front and it still wouldn't come out. :angry2:

What am I missing?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having the same problem with my Edge. I tried to take the extractor out, but couldn't get get out.

This is supposed to be an easy process. Remove the firing pin stop. Remove firing pin and spring. Slide out extractor. The thing won'r come out. I pushed on the front and it still wouldn't come out. :angry2:

What am I missing?

Are you pushing the extractor to the outside of the slide in the breechface area to get the claw free of the breechface ? It can be pretty stiff to push over.

What am I missing?

Are you pushing the extractor to the outside of the slide in the breechface area to get the claw free of the breechface ? It can be pretty stiff to push over.

Yes. I'll try some more.

HA! Never could get my light spring in the recoil master to feed reliably. Always thought the smith did something when polishing the feed ramp. So I removed the extractor and put an emery board on it and beveled the recommended edges and viola!!! Feeds like a charm. Good looking out BE.com!