Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Spring Selection For Glock 35

MBaban

I use the ISMI 13 pound spring with the tungsten rod. I like the feel of the lighter spring. I do know of cases where certain guns would not run with the 13 pound spring, in which case the 15 pound version is normally used. Not to confuse the matter but I know some who like light springs, some shooters like the feel of the stock spring, and even others prefer a heavier than stock spring. Try to find someone using, or who has some of each you can try before buying.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mark, it definately depends on what load your using. My minor .40 laod is about 131pf and a 14lb works great. I like the round wire springs as apposed to the flats, but whatever works. I do know that the flat wire ISMI's don't fit on all guide rods though. Good luck.

Todd

Oh, I forgot to mention that it was a 14lb WOLFF spring. I tried the 12lb spring and had problems with it. My gun wasn't going into battery reliably. (they don't make a 13lb or I would have tried that next) I used the 14lb spring at the '03 FGN's with 100% reliability. I found that case ejection was a little weak with the 15lb spring, but again it depends on your load.

I got to shoot the 35 in a local IPSC match. I have a T.H.E. extended tungsten rod, Wolff reduced power stricker spring and 15 lb ISMI spring. I'm currently using the 165 gr Winchester FMJ. The brass flew about 2-3 feet. My times got better also. Mark