Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do I remove the trigger shoe?

TannerB

I asked this question to Charlie Vanek, and he suggested the following, which worked with great success:

Take a punch just a little smaller than the pin in the trigger, and punch that pin on the side that you can see the pin until you can see an outline of said pin on the other side of the trigger. Then, with the smallest punch you have, drive that pin out using the center of the indentation that you made as your reference point.

Cool, What about putting it back on? you couldn't use the same pin could you?

You could use the same pin.

One trick that some people are doing is placing the pin in a different location on the shoe to change the trigger further, but you need to know that once this is done, it will be considered a external modification.

I asked this question to Charlie Vanek, and he suggested the following, which worked with great success:

Take a punch just a little smaller than the pin in the trigger, and punch that pin on the side that you can see the pin until you can see an outline of said pin on the other side of the trigger. Then, with the smallest punch you have, drive that pin out using the center of the indentation that you made as your reference point.

When I had located the end of the "bulge", I used the tip of an X-acto blade and sort of "spun and dug" to get down to the head of the steel pin so I knew where it was exactly. Then, I sort of worked the hole out until the head of the pin was exposed enough to use the small punch. Then, I laid the trigger over a wood fixture with a hole in it (to allow the pin to drop into) and tapped it out .

When I had located the end of the "bulge", I used the tip of an X-acto blade and sort of "spun and dug" to get down to the head of the steel pin so I knew where it was exactly. Then, I sort of worked the hole out until the head of the pin was exposed enough to use the small punch. Then, I laid the trigger over a wood fixture with a hole in it (to allow the pin to drop into) and tapped it out .

Where did you move your trigger to? I bent that one tab forward, and I don't understand where I should put the trigger at?

Where did you move your trigger to? I bent that one tab forward, and I don't understand where I should put the trigger at?

Do you mean where to relocate the trigger pin hole?

That's covered in the thread here about the Glock trigger job. You move it a little up and back, and shorten the top of the trigger bar accordingly.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=52311

Edited by bountyhunter