Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need Nra Ap Tips

BigDave

Aw, we're real glad too shoot with you Rhino, it just gets a little anoying with all your little Daisy Duke groupies hovering around.

Shooting this match twice now, and reading this thread, have pretty well convinced me that practicing and shooting the NRA Action Pistol will yield the biggest improvement for my shooting skills for time and expense expended. "C" IPSC shooter.

So why do I feel so frustrated after I shot two of the four stages really well?

Oh, all right. I admit it. You guys invited me and you were very helpful and patient!

THERE! I SAID IT!

I think you feel frustrated because you expect your "best" every time you shoot! You're kinda . . . competitive! :rolleyes:

That reminds me of one of my favorite quotes (I thinkof it every time I shoot NRA):

There are no B-hits on steel.

So true!

The ironic thing is, I'm the guy who like to design stages with only the lower A-zone available on the targets and call the stages "All or Nothing."

• 4 weeks later...

Cool!

Of course, I'm not classified yet (I think I need one more match of four events?). And twix would have waxed me in marksman!

I skipped the match today that would have been enough for classification and I think it was the last of the year for the club where I shoot NRA AP and IDPA.

SRT,

I had a real good time at the Winimac shoot when I was up there in May. Jim is a real nice guy.

Have they got all those busted bridges fixed yet? So foreigners can find their way around.

Rhino,

Try 155gr Lead in the 40 at about 135pf (3.5gr Clays = about 870fps, in my CZ75ST). The pistol should still cycle and you will have a flatter trajectory to 50 and less lead on the mover. I used this until I found the 38Super I run now.

Ask SRT what she looks like.

Rhino,

Try 155gr Lead in the 40 at about 135pf (3.5gr Clays = about 870fps, in my CZ75ST). The pistol should still cycle and you will have a flatter trajectory to 50 and less lead on the mover. I used this until I found the 38Super I run now.

Ask SRT what she looks like.

Thanks for the advice!

Unfortunately I don't think it will be safe to use that load in my guns since they are all .45ACP. ;)

Perhaps you were responding to someone else's inquiry?

GM,

Likewise!! :D Hope you can make it next year.

FYI, the bridges are still F'd up. Maybe by next May.

If you were referring to your pistol (ask SRT what she looks like) .. very nice. If you were referring to "another" she..I don't know what you are talking about. ;)

That load will be perfectly safe in you pistol. I guarantee it will not blow up. It will completely fail to fire. :wacko:

Sorry had a brain fart.

Try the same powder but 4gr over a 153gr lead in the 45acp (Max is about 5.2gr = 1050fps).

Recoil will nearly non existant. But you will have to lower the spring rate.