Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SINGLE STACK

zhunter

Calling it the single stack division is a joke to be honest. It's the "1911 Purist" division. I shoot a single stack... A Sig p220.. I am not allowed to shoot in the division. The only explaination I have received was that "We don't want to upset the 1911 guys".

The term Single Stack was THE description for the Colt 1911 long before the P220 was conceived. Way long....

I really like my P220 and it is a fine and dependable gun - and it is a single stack but not THE Single Stack. :cheers:

I mean the early 1900's were great and all but things have changed since then. I have no problems with the 1911 it's a great platform. The fact still remains if you're going to have a "single stack" division all single stacks should be allowed. The reality is your comments only prove my point. It's all about pandering to the 1911 "elitests".

I agree that they should allow all single stack guns in. But I must admit that I am one of those 1911 elitests. They are still the best combat handgun going. Hence their popularity with a large number of LEO SWAT teams, Military Special Forces units and of course their dominance in the shooting sports like USPSA.

Pat

I agree we should allow all guns that fit the rules description. SS, Single Action, etc.

Post deleted

Edited by et45

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Single Stack was created just for the 1911..it aint broke!! it is what it is!!!

Non 1911 SS pistols have other acceptable divisions as it is....production..or if your gun dont fit in production...shoot lim 10

LEAVE SS AS IT IS!!!!!

This is not a one size fits ALL world...why try to make it one <_<

old Jim...(not a 1911 elite..but not likely to accept a change in SS rules to be politically correct)

Non 1911 SS pistols have other acceptable divisions as it is....production..or if your gun dont fit in production...shoot lim 10

old Jim...(not a 1911 elite..but not likely to accept a change in SS rules to be politically correct)

With tongue firmly in cheek, I wonder if what you allege about non-1911 SS pistols wasn't also true of 1911 SS prior to the creation of SS. Hmmm, lets see, Open, check; Limited, check; and L-10, check! It might not be the first choice one should make for open and limited ---- but from an acceptable divisions standpoint SS didn't need creatin'.......