Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Spare turret storage ideas

I now have two quick change turret heads with dies, etc. for my Pro 1000.

Does anyone have any cool ways to store the head that is not in use.

(And to head off the inevitable, no I don't have room to buy a second press.)

On my turret press, I have separate (Pro) powder measures for each turret setup. The 2- brass thumbscrews on the measure are perfect as "hangars" using 2 6-inch length pegboard pegs riding between the screws...fits snugy and holds securely in upright position against (pegboard) wall and is easily accessible. I'm not familiar with the P1K but looks like it should work similarly.

There are commercial options as well. These are sorta cool but I'd call to be sure the P1K setup applies to what they offer:

http://www.leedengineering.com/reload.html

When I had a Pro 1000, I got a piece of 3/4" plywood - you determine the size depending on the number of spares - using an empty turret, pencil mark the holes, and the punch them out with a hole saw. Mine had 3 sets of 3 holes.

The protruding dies under the turret now are protected because they are raised from the bench.

That LEED holder is pretty cool. Just to bad that they only make it to hold five heads. That would take up more space than the second press.

But using their model and the suggestion from RePete I see how you could make something fairly nice looking, and space saving. I just happen to have access to a very nice scroll saw for cutting out the shape. Perhaps a marriage of wood and steel would be the thing.

Thanks for the ideas guys. You have set me on the right path. When I get it built I will post pictures of the finished product. (I also got a cool camera for Christmas.) :D Happy New Year!

• 2 months later...