Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Starline 40 Brass

megaman

i've shot a mixed bag of once fired brass for test loads in my new limited blaster (even stuff fired from glocks! :ph34r:) but i'm looking for some "virgin" brass (no one else shoots starline at my range so i don't have to mark them either :P ), i bought 38 super comp from starline and have ben very satisfied. anybody have experiences, nightmares, or happy ever afters with this brand in 40 s&w? or any other?

Buy it, it is the least expensive new brass out there that I can recall. I've ran it in my SV and have had not one problem. Zero brass (made by Starline, so I'm told) is also very good stuff.

There was a thread here or somewhere else about Starline making their brass slightly thicker/stronger for the .40 than the other folks down near the base where blowouts are likely to occur.

I have a couple hundred rounds of Starline and I like it. But when I can get once fired for 10% of the price it is hard to justify the cost of Starline...especially for use at matches where I may or may not get my brass back.

If I was going to buy new brass though, it would be Starline without a doubt.