Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XD Sights

aerosigns

I have heard that the sights for a SIG 225 /226 will also work with the Springfield XD.

Does anyone have experience with this? Fact or fiction?

It would be nice to know before I try to put a square peg in a round hole.

The front dovetail is the same. I don't know about the rear.

Bountyhunter you have hit on what I am looking at. I have the factory sight pusher for a Sig.

So it might come down to the slots are the same size but the body of the sight might be wider.

Could this just be an issue with a particular make of sights?

In your experience what type of sight, to fit which Sig were you trying to install?

Mike have you done it without the width issue?

Glad to see you are up and able to take nourishment! :sick:

Thanks for the offer. (That sight looks close to what I have been looking at - ghost rings. I have a V-notch rear on my Revo and that has helped me pick up the sights much faster.)

But I am looking at the wealth of sights available for the Sig, and the slim selection for the XD. I have also read on a thread that most Glock sights will fit as well. I am worried about that word "most" though.

Doug have you tried the switch then. Was there a width issue for you? Did you have to do much fitting with it?

Edited by aerosigns

Bountyhunter you have hit on what I am looking at. I have the factory sight pusher for a Sig.

So it might come down to the slots are the same size but the body of the sight might be wider.

Could this just be an issue with a particular make of sights?

In your experience what type of sight, to fit which Sig were you trying to install?

Mike have you done it without the width issue?

I was referring to the factory installed rear sights on my 226R and XD40: the XD is definitely wider than the SIG, and I had to file the sides of the XD sight to push it with my SIG pusher. I don't know about the widths of aftermarket sights.

Edited by bountyhunter

Using Sig sights there will be a gap between the top of the slide and the bottom of the sight. There's plenty of sights availible made just for the XD to choose from.

Rich

How much of a gap if I put a Scott Warren tactical rear for Sig #8 on the XD?

DaG