Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aliens vs Predator Requiem

The problem with the whole "Alien", "Predator", "Aliens vs. Predator" franchise is the lack on continuity. Alien was a great combination of scary and action, Aliens went way over to the action side, Aliens III tried to go back to the scary/horror side with a human touch in the end and was a failure, Aliens IV went back to the heavy on the action side and was a flop. The same kind of bouncing around has plagued the "Predator" series.

What they need is stablity and long-range vision, but thats not something you get in Hollywood these days.

But I am looking forward to seeing AVP-R. All the interesting reviews have been really keyed up on the change to the Predator for this movie.

They need to do another Aliens movie with the Colonial Marines...if they do another AvP movie it needs to be with the Colonial Marines. Colonial Marines are what the fans want. The Aliens franchise sucked because they tried to do too much with Ripley after Aliens.

I don't know if you guys ever played Aliens vs Predator 2 on the PC, but the plot line to that and interactive story from 3 different perspectives rivaled any of the movies. The Dark Horse comics have always been better plot lines than what Hollywood has done with the franchises too.

Edited by SinistralRifleman

They need to do another Aliens movie with the Colonial Marines...if they do another AvP movie it needs to be with the Colonial Marines. Colonial Marines are what the fans want. The Aliens franchise sucked because they tried to do too much with Ripley after Aliens.

I don't know if you guys ever played Aliens vs Predator 2 on the PC, but the plot line to that and interactive story from 3 different perspectives rivaled any of the movies. The Dark Horse comics have always been better plot lines than what Hollywood has done with the franchises too.

I agree.... :yawn: