Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

pride/fowler rapid reticle

sweetback

HAS ANYONE USED OR ARE USING, THE RAPID RETICLE SLIDE MOUNTED PRIDE/FOWLER (DOCTER TYPE)

SIGHT. I WOULD LIKE TO GET SOME FEED BACK ON HOW THEY ARE PERFORMING AND HOLDING UP.

IS THE PULSING LED BRIGHT ENOUGH TO SEE ON A WHITE PIECE OF STEEL AT HIGH NOON?

HAVE YOU HAD TO SEND IT BACK FOR REPAIRS YET?

TY-3853

typing with your caps lock on is like yelling :( .............

i haven't tried the pride/fowler sight but i'm not sure a pulsing dot will help you to acquire a target any faster compared to non pulsing dot.

I have to say I have never heard of them. I know they make rifle scopes but not red dots for handguns.

Pesonally to me, that means I wouldn't be trying it. I use this forum as a very, very good barometer of what does and does not work.

:)

HAS ANYONE USED OR ARE USING, THE RAPID RETICLE SLIDE MOUNTED PRIDE/FOWLER (DOCTER TYPE)

SIGHT. I WOULD LIKE TO GET SOME FEED BACK ON HOW THEY ARE PERFORMING AND HOLDING UP.

IS THE PULSING LED BRIGHT ENOUGH TO SEE ON A WHITE PIECE OF STEEL AT HIGH NOON?

HAVE YOU HAD TO SEND IT BACK FOR REPAIRS YET?

TY-3853

I have one and it is excellent. I am not sure what you mean by pulsing, mine does not pulse.

It has a three position switch. OFF, ON continuous brightness, and ON adjusts to ambient light. You can leave it on and put the hood on it, or turn it off.

It also has a hinged battery cap on the top. You do not have to remove the scope to change battery.

DOT quality is excellent, and bright!

Quality is excellent. John Pride and Micky Fowler would not put their name on anything substandard. Give John a call 909-599-0928. When either of these guys talk shooting handguns, you should have ears wide open, as they are two of the best ever going back to the 1970's and still very, very competitive at any level.

Martin :cheers:

.. I am not sure what you mean by pulsing, mine does not pulse...

It does, you just do not see it. The pulse is faster than the eye can discern.

Chad

PFI

I :surprise: . I guess I have a defective eye. But then again, why would I want to see it pulse? Regardless, it is a quality product, and would recommend it to anyone considering a small, lightweight scope.

Martin

Edited by Allgoodhits

.. I am not sure what you mean by pulsing, mine does not pulse...

It does, you just do not see it. The pulse is faster than the eye can discern.

Chad

PFI

I :surprise: . I guess I have a defective eye. But then again, why would I want to see it pulse? Regardless, it is a quality product, and would recommend it to anyone considering a small, lightweight scope.

Martin

Your eye is fine. No one sees the pulse. The frequency is too high.

Chad

PFI

I remember calling the company a few years ago when they were starting up. I talked to John for almost an hour on the phone. It was the weirdest thing. I grew up reading magazine articles about this guy and here he was spending his time with me. A lot of it was ideas for product development. I kept wanting to say, "You're John Pride, I know nothing." Very nice guy though. I may have to try one of their dots, and I'm not even shooting Open now.

Thanks for the feed back. I am going to use it for double duty (ipsc/steel challenge).

I wanted to know if the pulsing feature made the dot seem brighter when shooting

white steel challenge plates in bright sunlight. Has anybody had one go out while shooting a match?

And how many total rounds were shoot when this happened?

TY-3853

Thanks for the feed back. I am going to use it for double duty (ipsc/steel challenge).

I wanted to know if the pulsing feature made the dot seem brighter when shooting

white steel challenge plates in bright sunlight. Has anybody had one go out while shooting a match?

And how many total rounds were shoot when this happened?

TY-3853

3,000+ rounds no failures, no issues, 8 months same battery and still shining bright! :cheers: