Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Old Dillon D-terminator calibration

I have what I believe is an older Dillon D-terminator than what was described in an earlier calibration procedure. My scale has 4 buttons, on, off, zero, and grains/grams (no calibration button). It came with a 700 gn calibration weight. Right now that weight is showing as 703.8 grains, so I am wanting to calibrate it, but I can't mind my instructions. Does anyone know how this is supposed to be done?

Thanks!

Mitch,

the link you provided is for the older scale.

Flex,

I tried the search function myself but came up with instructions for the newer scale.

Jim,

I don't have the manual for the older scale but the newer ones require you to press the CAL/MODE button for 4 secs to enable the calibration process. If no one can supply you instructions, i suggest you either e-mail dillon, or if you're adventerous, start holding buttons down till you get where you need to get ;) Oh and a big YMMV

Google'd it...

Dillon D-Teminator calibration

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) power it up

2) when it settles press and HOLD the grams/grains "button" untill the 700 flashes

2) press OFF it should now indicate CAL 0

3) place the 700gr test weight on it.

4) wait, it should indicate CAL F

5) remove the test weight

your done.

press zero again and your ready.

you can also place your pan on the scale and press zero and you will read just the charge weight.

Mitch,

the link you provided is for the older scale.

Flex,

I tried the search function myself but came up with instructions for the newer scale.

Jim,

I don't have the manual for the older scale but the newer ones require you to press the CAL/MODE button for 4 secs to enable the calibration process. If no one can supply you instructions, i suggest you either e-mail dillon, or if you're adventerous, start holding buttons down till you get where you need to get ;) Oh and a big YMMV

Yep, I just tried the search, and that scale has the calibration button that mine does not have. I have been pushing buttons, and found if I hold the "on" button down, the left side of the screen changes to an up arrow, and below that a vertical, then horizontal bar. But, I could not figure out how to go from there, "if" that is the first step to calibrating. Thanks for all the quick responses.

Jim

Google'd it...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) power it up

2) when it settles press and HOLD the grams/grains "button" untill the 700 flashes

your done.

you can also place your pan on the scale and press zero and you will read just the charge weight.

Boy, you guys are good, and fast. I will be headed down to the reloading room right after the Bears get done creaming the Packers. Only about 2 minutes left in the game. I'll let you know how it goes. I really appreciate your help!!! Jim

Google'd it...

1) power it up

your done.

Boy, you guys are good, and fast. I will be headed down to the reloading room right after the Bears get done creaming the Packers. Only about 2 minutes left in the game. I'll let you know how it goes. I really appreciate your help!!! Jim

Well, the calibration procedure is certainly easy. But, after going through it several times, and with 2 different weights, I keep coming up with 703.8 instead of 700. Unless you guys have any other ideas, I'll give Dillon a call tomorrow (if they are working)...Jim

If the scale gives you a "CAL F" reading before giving you the weight of the scale, then the scale is properly calibrated, AND the actual weight of your calibration weight is 703.8 grains. It is common for a calibration weight to be slightly off from 700 grains, although usually they are within .5 grain or so.

Verify if the weight you have is actually 703.8 grains on a different scale. If it reads the same on a different scale, i'd leave it alone and mark your weight 703.8 grains. If it reads differently, you may need a new scale. Make sure you try 2 or 3 scales to verify your findings.