Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Long Hump 3-gun Match

awhile ago here i though i read of a match that was a 6 mile hump thru the woods, 2 guy teams, one w/ shotgun, one w/ rifle, both w/ pistols. tried to search for the post, but......... was i dreaming(drinking)? :wacko:

There is a team match in Kansas that has one responsable for the rifle targets and one for the shotgun. Both carry pistols with only 40 rounds each. Rifle targets out to 600 yds. with a good average of 300 yds. Shot gun will have slug targets out to 75 yds. with flying clay birds and other devious devices for your pleasure. Course is set in the Flint hills southeast of Winfield Ks.along the Walnut river and will be 11/4 to 11/2 miles long. The web page is up but under construction muscleman3gun.com take a look its a fun match for a good cause.

yeah, thanx. i think it was that muscle-man one. all i could remember was iron-man, and that wasn't it. gotta check it out..... it seems like that kinda match would be fun, not just a quick minute or two for a stage, really have to cover some territory. thanx for the help!!!

Not the ideal match for the quintessential "fat guy in cleats" IPSC shooter like moi!

Hey, thats me too! I made it through 10 times last year (1 shooting and 9 RO'ing), and I'm about as fat as they get. :)

Luckily, we haven't had anyone collapse while shooting. A few came very close last year. The cool thing is that most of the ROs are paramedics, so they would be in good hands. B)

Hey, thats me too! I made it through 10 times last year (1 shooting and 9 RO'ing), and I'm about as fat as they get. :)

Luckily, we haven't had anyone collapse while shooting. A few came very close last year. The cool thing is that most of the ROs are paramedics, so they would be in good hands. B)

Hah! Unless you're over 400#, you're not even in the "fat guy with cleats" ZONE, baby! :P

I have the additional pleasure of still being in recovery from a lower back injury that eventually left me paralyzed from the waist down. I'm a lot better than I was even a year ago (which is about how long I've been getting around without a walker or cane), but I'm still nowhere near what I was. And I was pathetic before that! :blink:

I do okay on flat ground or pavement (a mile or so is no problem at all), but going cross country with a lot of gear is a whole different game. It would definitely be fun to try some day, though, perhaps on a slightly less ambitious course of fire.

• 2 weeks later...

There is also a long rnage match that is two days of intense hiking and shooting. However, no shotguns and minimal pistol. Blue Steel Safari is in NM and you would hike 2-4 miles each day shooting targets from 100-1000 yrds. Great match but you better bring lots of water.