Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-More or tube dot for Steel Challenge

Jaxshooter

C-more, Although a few people at our club are starting to use the Bushnell Holosights. I personally find them to be to busy looking, but I will be shooting one later today on my 10/22 for a Take-5 match.

Edited by ddj8052

I personally use a C-More with a 6 or 8 moa dot...dont remember....for Steel Challenge. It does fine with fresh batteries at the big match.

For more precision stuff at 50yds where I want a smaller MOA....2 or 4.....I went to a tube sight....using a Propoint right now on my Marvel. I haven't been able to wash out the dot with it compared to how hard it is to see the smaller MOAs on the Cmore on sunny days....

This seems to work for me...right now...

Hope this is helpful,

DougC

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking a tube sight would not be a problem since you know where the targets are, and if you do like you are suppose to and snap yours eyes to the next target it won't block your vision. I will put the tube sight on one of my .22 cal pistols and give it a try.

Bob

Thanks I am going to try my Aimpoint with the 7 min dot.

The Aimpoints are great, if you don't have a problem with -looking at the dot- for some shooters have a problem with tracking the dot to the next target ,just a bit more with a tube sight. Its what I call "getting your eye out of the tube"

I think the C-more is worth 1.5 seconds in the entire match over a Aimpoint. = for me that is.

On my 22 its worth about 2 seconds diff over an open sight like the C-More. = I use a Hakko on my 22 but my last one let me down this past year so I will be putting a Cmore on my 22 as well.

I don't remember how bad it knocked my Dic8k in the dirt when the scope failed but the year before I was fourth in rim fire, this year I don't know how low I finished, but it was not pretty

GET A Good Scope =even fore your 22 if you make the trip.

Jamie

Edited by AlamoShooter

• 1 month later...