Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Finally Understanding!!

Sixgun

I haven't been shooting all that long ( less than 2 years). I bought Brians book about the same time as I built my open blaster. I read the book as I broke in my gun. I "tried" to experience what Brian was saying in the book while I was shooting. I ended up shooting better than I ever had before. I didn't know if it was the dot or just opening myself to the experience. It has been about 6 months since I last read Brians book. I just picked it up tonight and started to reread it. All of a sudden in Chapter 2 reading about focus and awareness and meditation, it hit me, and I could conciously visualize all the aspects that Brian was talking about. All I can say is " Thanks Brian, I have nowhere to go but up from here!"

Did anyone else have this revelation?

Thanks.

Ray C. :D

I just picked it up tonight and started to reread it. All of a sudden in Chapter 2 reading about focus and awareness and meditation, it hit me, and I could conciously visualize all the aspects that Brian was talking about. All I can say is " Thanks Brian, I have nowhere to go but up from here!"

EVERY time I re-read the book!!

Everytime I read the book I do an "ah ha" and slap my forehead. The further along I get in my growth curve, the more things I discover for myself. When I make a cool discovery, I usually end up finding the "new discovery" somewhere in the book. It just didn't make sense until I experienced what Brian had already told me for myself.

I would certainly agree that the second time around is having much more of an impact on my shooting.

The first read was more like, "boy, he's out there! This is going to take a totally different way of thinking about shooting!". The second read it's making more sense and I feel like I understand enough of it to go out to the range and put it into action. Before, it was more like go out to the range and stare at the trees....:blink:

The hard part is when you think that you have progressed past the need for execution of fundamentals.

The trick is to keep doing what you were doing when it all worked for you, without trying to or even being aware of it.

My own el-guapo is thinking I have progressed past __________ and taking _________ for granted.

SA