Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What does a Steel Challenge match look like?

big daddy

Thx all....Looks way cool. I was looking at some video on YouTube of Angus shooting some steel match, and on some of the hits in the clip it was hard to tell the plate was hit; that's why I was wondering. ---snip---

Boo,

I have seen Angus shoot TNS. He gets his hits ;)

Later,

Chuck

We have alway mixed the stages up. I had brought the subject up of just running the current stages from the big match, but our shooters preferred something different. Few/none of our people were too concerned with the big match.

Of course, we don't shy away from the stages from the big match. They are in the mix.

As a Match Director you can...well...direct the shooting tests. It's kinda cool. It's amazing what you can learn about shooting from just moving 5 targets around.

We usually run a few (2-4) "real" stages, measured to whatever level the MD feels is appropriate, plus a few 'made up' stages. Some of those have movement which is a fun way to mix it up without hosing the newbies-- there's one where you put 2 round plates hidden behind 2 gongs and have a 4x8 shooting box. The Texas Star makes an appearance a lot too.

I have a bunch of SC stills and video over on my site: http://www.shred2.net/~shred/gallery/Shooting?page=1

Somewhere I have a stack of posercam videos as well.