Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Molded holster for DW revolver

phique2000

I am currently using a 4" DW 15-2 to shoot SSR in IDPA. I am using a DeSantis Speed Scabbard, which works well. I would, however, like to switch over to one of the molded holsters from Fobus or Blade-Tech. I contacted both companies and both responded that they don't make one for the DW. The Speed Scabbard I am now using is the model made for the S&W L-frame.

I am wondering if anyone knows if I would get a good fit in a molded holster made for the L-frame, Python, or possibly something else.

Thanks.

The principal of KyTac told me he could make a holster for my DW 44 in about 4 hours if he had the gun. Next time I go thru Edmond OK I'll give him the chance to do it. Not sure if he is licensed to receive a pistol via common carrier. Give him a call.

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for all your responses. I read on 2 other forums from 2 different people with N-frame Comp-Tac holsters that they can tighten them down enough to hold L-frames. Since the DW 15-2 is about a half a hair bigger than an L-frame, I just ordered an N-frame Comp-Tac.

I'll post again after I receive it and try it with the DW.

Philip

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

I received my Comp-Tac N-frame holster the other day and with just a little adjusting on the 3 tension screws, I got a great fit for my DW 15-2. The top screw needed to be tightened due to the smaller frame and cylinder, and the bottom 2 needed to be loosened due to the barrel underlug on the DW being bigger than that on the N-frame Smith.

So, anyone using a DW .357 who wants a good molded holster for competition or carry, the Comp-Tac N-frame holster will fit fit the bill perfectly.

Philip