Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

San Diego Charger Running Back LaDainian Tomlinson

Chills1994

You can read a little bit of the interview and a clip of the 60 Minutes segment here:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/12/06/...in3585567.shtml

In the video clip there, he talks about imagining himself running all the way for a touch down.

They showed him some of his footage. To us he looks very fast, but to him he said it is slow. He also went on to say that he doesn't hear or notice the crowd.

I've experienced the same things shooting a stage. "Time expansion", "auditory exclusion" , and "mental imagery" or "positive thinking": I'm going to shoot this stage clean in less than 12 seconds!

I suppose it can all be considered part of being in the zone.

You can read a little bit of the interview and a clip of the 60 Minutes segment here:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/12/06/...in3585567.shtml

In the video clip there, he talks about imagining himself running all the way for a touch down.

They showed him some of his footage. To us he looks very fast, but to him he said it is slow. He also went on to say that he doesn't hear or notice the crowd.

I've experienced the same things shooting a stage. "Time expansion", "auditory exclusion" , and "mental imagery" or "positive thinking": I'm going to shoot this stage clean in less than 12 seconds!

I suppose it can all be considered part of being in the zone.

Positive imagery, Psycho-Cybernetics, positive thinking... what ever you call it, it is a great skill to practice.

I used to get a kick out of my parents or friend's asking us did we hear them during a football game cheering for the team :) You can't hear squat on a football field when you are actually playing but the sound of collisions all around you. I played offensive tackle and all I could ever hear was the hitting and the cursing.

David

• 1 month later...