Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bladetech DOH and G17

ruready

Just got a DOH for my G17, although the fit is very good, it is on the tight side even after backing out the 2 screws. The draws have to be jerky to be able to get the gun out of the holster without pulling my pants up with the holster. :angry2: Any tricks that I should know about?

how far did you back the retention screws out? Back them out just short of them falling out and see if the retention is looser. Tighten the screws from that point on to your liking. Or you could spray the inside with some sort of non greasy lube, though I haven't come across a kydex holster that i couldn't adjust with the screws alone.

I'm in the very same boat, just arrived my DOH for my G34 after a six-months wait..and it fits too snugly..I backed out the screws just short of unscrew them completely, and still my draw is jerky.. Also the belt plate has the belt slots just too big either for my safariland belt and my Vega one, so the DOH shift like crazy when I draw.

Think that I will look at my old safariland 007 again..

Blade tech is just not for me (I ordered 2 BT concealment holster and NEITHER fits me..damn..)

Hello: What I have done is get some fuel line hose 5/16 dia. and cut it longer than the supplied rubber. It will push the plastic out further and loosen the hold on the pistol. You may also have to get some longer screws as well. I can also tell you that the Comp-Tac holster slides better than the Blade tech. I just wish Comp Tac made a DOH type holster. You can also check to see if your front sight is rubbing. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

One of my DOH was like that when new. I removed the tension screws, pry it open a little bit, heat it with a hair dryer and let it cool. Then use the tension screws to close it to the desired point.

As to Wardog's issue with the stingray attachment and the safariland belt, it seems you got a 1-3/4" belt loop. I have 4 or 5 BT holsters with stingrays and they fit my CR speed and Sarafiland belts very well.

Good luck,