Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.357 Major revolver in Limited or L-10 Division?

richardschennberg

Is there already a ruling for the previous rule book that would allow or prohibit declaring Major Power Factor when shooting .357 Magnum out of a revolver in Limited or Limited-10 Division?

If so, would that ruling still apply to the Limited and Limited-10 Divisions as described in the new rule book, or do we need a new ruling?

1. I need to know how to score at least one other shooter who shoots an S&W model 627 in Limited-10 Division.

2. I would like to know whether I should load any .357 Magnum Major rounds myself.

Richard

See appendix D2 and D3 (Lim and Lim10):

"Minimum bullet caliber for Major -- .40"

It may have been several rulebooks ago, but there used to be an exception for .357 Magnum out of a revolver in Limited Division. I don't remember if that was a rule, a BoD vote, or a ruling. Perhaps someone with a better memory, or who has kept the last 10-15 years of rulebooks, BoD minutes, and rulings could shed more light on the issue.

1. I need to know how to score at least one other shooter who shoots an S&W model 627 in Limited-10 Division.

2. I would like to know whether I should load any .357 Magnum Major rounds myself.

Richard

Score him minor, or have him declare Revolver.

Richard

Score him minor, or have him declare Revolver.

Simple solution & in accordance with the Minimum .40 cal rule for L10.

Nonetheless, I think everyone would agree that the 6 & 8 shot 357s are already at a serious disadvantage as far as reloading speed, so as long as they are making Major, perhaps the BOD should consider granting .357 Major revolvers an exemption for L10?

I seriously doubt we would see droves of L10 shooters abandon their SVs & Glocks for revolvers & it might (just might) draw one or two (maybe even three) ICORE guns into L10. Just a thought.

I don't think we want to start down the slippery slope of saying that a .357 revolver is OK in Limited or Limited 10 but a .357 SIG or 38 super which can both make major is not. If you let the Super in but not the SIG, what is the reason for the discrimination? Also if they include the Super, think of the capacity race that would ensue. It happened in Revolver which caused the 6 shots before reload rule. Remember the pi$$ and moan from the people who bought the 8 shot revolvers for the reload advantage.

• 2 weeks later...