Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun/Multi-gun match does and don'ts

I know I haven't been around as long as a lot of you guys, but as to the different rule sets, I say let the market decide. If people go to the "outlaw" matches, fine, if more people go to USPSA or IDPA 3 gun matches, then more local matches will start to follow those rules. When you go to a big match all you gotta do is read the rules. If the rules make the match a hose fest, heat up that barrel! It's kinda like going to the World Series as a pitcher and bitchin' about not getting to hit. You know the rules going in.

Guy PLEASE start that rainbow match, at least it will be close to town. ;)

(hmm, maybe winking after a rainbow is not the best idea)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes the rules need some work, but this thread is to help make the matches run smoothly and to help new match directors to avoid pitfalls that I and many others have learned over the years of putting these on! Let,s not get bogged down in the rules part of the matches, as the rules really don't have much to do with making the match run on time. Let,s face it "the rules" don't get the shooter from the parking lot to a stage almost a mile away..... Guess that,s another thing, make sure that the competitor can drive to the stage or have a shuttle to the stages like DPMS does. KurtM

Yes the rules need some work, but this thread is to help make the matches run smoothly and to help new match directors to avoid pitfalls that I and many others have learned over the years of putting these on! Let,s not get bogged down in the rules part of the matches, as the rules really don't have much to do with making the match run on time. Let,s face it "the rules" don't get the shooter from the parking lot to a stage almost a mile away..... Guess that,s another thing, make sure that the competitor can drive to the stage or have a shuttle to the stages like DPMS does. KurtM

What do you think just because somebody "hurt" his knee that life would have been easier than buying a cup of coffee from the dancing girls to ride the mile and a half back to the car?

FIRST RULE TO ADDRESS how to abandon a weapon for the next one on a multigun stage. I have seen different rules at different clubs that have added confusion. I have shot at matches where you could leave a loaded shotgun or rifle in a drum with the safety on and be OK,, compared with other matches that require a empty (tube and chamber) gun. This is at clubs that state they are running per USPSA rules. You can make a case for either if the weapon is abandond in a totally safe direction such as pointing into a berm. I have seen guys at matches have to think for a moment about it though and some get the big DQ, they may just be club matches but it sucks to plan on having a fun day get cut short cause of it.