Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First Ipsc Gun Help

Guest qstick

qstik

Good luck with the XD...

IF you are considereing reloading... I have to agree with the conventional wisdom and tell you to look for a SDB new or used...

The people at dillon are great to deal with and you will find most of the shooters you shoot around will be glad to help you out with information and load data......I loaded on a rockchucker JR when I started shooting IPSC and I spent more time in the garage to produce 50 rds. of ammo then I now spend to produce 400-500 rounds on my 550 ...less time loading means more time practicing or shooting ;)

Hell even my wife thougth the 550 was a good idea compared to the old RC jr.

Joe

Zach, I have been shooting now for just over a year and decided to start reloading without ever even watching someone else run a round. I purchased a 550b from our host Brian and now would not even consider the more expensive 650. The learning curve was less than 100 rounds. I have found no differance in loading ease between the 9 & 40 and I do each every week.

Pick out the blaster that works for you and when you need a 1911 call virgil tripp (one of the old hands at Sti) TrippResearch.com and have him build you a sti blaster. Get a progressive 550b for now and be happy for years. old john

By choosing the 9 you have made reloading an option instead of a have to deal, lots of good cheap 9 on the market. If you choose to load, skip the single stage loader and go with a good simple progressive and dillon can't be beat. Everthing a single stage can teach you that a progressive can;t is stuff you really don't want to know, the single stage is just endless mindless drudge, it was great back when we didn't know better and still has a place with working up a bunch of diffrent rifle loads but trying to feed a action pistol with one will turn you into a golfer. Dillon at one time had a accessorie package, get it and a sdb, read the instructions and crank em out. Larry